Accounts Payable AccountantFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 7 months ago
Title: Accounts Payable Accountant
Location: United States
Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Texas, Colorado and Florida. Come build your future with us.
Homebound is proud to be named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2023.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the AP Accountant ensures that all construction and preconstruction expenses, invoices and payments are processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the Homebound’s policies and procedures. In addition, you will be preparing journal entries, reconciling vendor inquiries, and improving and building scalable processes.
The successful candidate will be detailed and deadline-oriented, technologically inclined, operational, results driven and can operate in a fast-paced and collaborative startup environment. This is a great opportunity to take on a core accounting role and make a difference in the way this fast-growing company operates!
What You’ll Do
- Participate in the day-to-day Accounts Payable processes for construction and preconstruction projects, including reviewing invoices for proper coding and approval with an understanding of the matching process of purchase orders to invoices
- Work with our procurement and project management teams to verify and match vendor invoices to purchase orders ensuring invoices are accurately coded and have the appropriate documentation and approval
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox daily to ensure that all invoices and credit memos as well as other vendor communication are properly addressed
- Research and resolve billing discrepancies
- Maintain relationships with vendors by resolving and responding to billing inquiries
- Maintenance of vendor information, including W-9’s, as needed for year-end 1099 issuance; keep tidy, timely and accurate records for the 1099 process; assist with other compliance requirements
- Prioritize invoices according to payment terms
- Oversee the preparation of payments via ACH and occasional checks/wires
- Assist with the collection of conditional and unconditional lien releases related to construction billing
- Assist with the month end close process
- Assist the construction and preconstruction project management teams in understanding the economics of projects with reference to vendor billing and project closings
- Assist the AP team in entering and paying operational expense bills and work closely with other accounting departments to make sure bills are coded correctly
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred (Accounting, Finance, or relevant field)
- 4+ years of experience with Accounts Payable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven vendor management experience
- Detail oriented and demonstrated sense of urgency
- Experience in a high-growth company
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across the company
- Critical thinking skills and ability to drive continuous improvement; Ability to think-out of the box and improve processes that are broken
- Okay with a startup mentality’ – ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
- Strong sense of ownership, a positive attitude, and a willingness to be a team player
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Experience with the following tools is a plus: Sage Intacct, Bill.com, Expensify, CoConstruct, Brex
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here