Creative Lead, Design at AirbnbFull time @Tarauli posted 7 months ago
Title: Creative Lead, Design
Location: United States
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The community you will join:
Marcom is a multi-disciplinary creative team within Airbnb’s Marketing group, spanning visual design, brand identity, copywriting, art direction, motion and interactive. In partnership with Advertising and Product Design, we are stewards of the brand whose objective is to help current and future guests and Hosts understand what Airbnb offers, and why it’s meaningful in their lives.
The difference you will make:
We are looking for a Creative Lead who can ensure creative excellence on our Interactive team.
Reporting to the Group Creative Director, Interactive and working in partnership with product directors, product marketing leads, and business stakeholders, they are responsible for developing creative solutions that define and enhance creative ideas from concept through execution. This role requires strong design expertise and deep understanding of design systems, brand design, and UI/UX.
You’ll be entrusted with the Airbnb brand and expected to push forward the way it’s expressed through brand campaigns, in-product merchandising, product experiences, and other communications. You will be able to translate business and marketing purposes into big ideas that can be executed brilliantly across various initiatives and mediums.
A typical day:
- Hands-on execution of world-class communications from strategy and concept to point and pixel perfect artwork.
- Reviewing, providing constructive feedback to peers and more junior team members across multiple disciplines: visual design, copywriting, art direction, motion graphics and interactive.
- Champion the craft of design and visual storytelling, and help elevate them throughout the department’s output.
- Partner with Brand and Campaign Creative to ensure the brand’s creative direction and voice is consistent across all touchpoints.
- Collaborate with various departments, producers, program managers, photographers and illustrators to achieve the finished product on time and on budget.
- Support external creative and production agencies to execute work that is of the highest quality and consistency.
- Champion Airbnb’s mission of connection and belonging at every step. Be a guardian for Airbnb’s values of inclusivity, diversity, and acceptance.
- 10+ years experience overall within a creative agency or in-house at a leading brand.
- A diverse portfolio of interactive and innovative communications work.
- A passion for the craft of their discipline, and for being hands-on with teams and the work.
- Strong presentation skills, with an ability to convey complex concepts in compellingly simple terms.
- Skilled in multitasking to manage a high volume of creativity and content.
- A willingness to collaborate and debate with strong creative thinkers, at all levels, in all corners of the companyfrom junior creatives to business leads to the CEO.
- Strategic + Systems based thinking your work is built upon insights and systems, not simply creative whims.
*A CURRENT PORTFOLIO OF WORK IS REQUIRED FOR EACH APPLICANT*
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity and be open to working West coast hours. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: [email protected]. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We’ll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.