Director of Marketing & eCommerceFull time @Workable posted 8 months ago
Museum of Ice Cream is an inclusive & immersive brand, designed to captivate your sweetest fantasy and sugar-filled daydreams online and IRL. At Museum of Ice Cream, we invite you to believe in the magic of creativity, to remind you that inclusive spaces do exist, and to show you that childlike wonder is worth savoring. In our world, ice cream is the agent of change and the vehicle to ignite the creative spirit that lives in all of us. Fueled by the power of imagination, MOIC is a universe of possibilities with tons of room for you to explore.
What You Will Do:
Museum of Ice Cream is looking for a creative and insightful Director of Marketing & eCommerce, to join the Marketing Team We are seeking a person that is enthusiastic about spreading the joy of ice cream through our mission through sales and marketing channels with a strong industry knowledge in all of our locations. As the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies that drive growth and revenue for the organization. You will be responsible for overseeing the e-commerce platform, analyzing digital and Google Analytics data, and understanding online consumer behavior. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing a team of marketing professionals and ensuring that all marketing activities align with the organization’s goals and objectives. You will build a robust eCommerce marketing outreach to drive revenue for the museum. Along the way, you will take risks, learn, and optimize as you engage and build our following and influence.
- Be responsible for all marketing campaigns across all MOIC locations:
- New York City
And all future locations for MOIC and Figure 8 Brands
- Manage and lead the marketing team, and have a deep understanding of e-commerce and how it fits into the overall marketing strategy.
- Work alongside Revenue and ticketing to assure optimization of best in class strategies for sales and revenue growth through ticketing, group sales, add ons etc.
- Understand the markets and competition, identify consumer trends, and use this information to inform the marketing strategy.
- Understanding and initiating Google Analytics to track website traffic, customer behavior, and overall campaign success.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns that target specific audiences, using a variety of channels, including social media, email, and paid advertising.
- Manage and maintain the company websites, optimizing them through SEO strategy and periodic seasonal activations. Constantly review how to increase dwell time on the website and ensure that the digital and ticketing purchasing journey is optimized for conversion.
- Develop paid digital strategy and also execute paid social and digital ads, using data analytics to drive insights and maximize ROI.
- Ensure that the website is optimized and updated regularly to maintain top position on key search engines through SEO strategy. Work with our developer to customize the website according to periodic seasonal activations (i.e Halloween/pinkmas takeovers). Constantly review how we can increase dwell time on the website and to ensure that the digital and ticketing purchasing journey is optimized for conversion, while also utilizing Google Analytics to track website traffic and customer behavior.
- Ensure that website optimization score is above 85 at all times and that the website is always on top or on the first page of relevant search terms on Google (i.e ice cream, museum of ice cream, etc.), using data analytics to track and optimize performance.
- Work with an appointed Google ad agency to craft keywords to maximize our SEM strategy (general targeting + seasonal activations like pinkmas/halloween) where we will run Google ads with relevant search terms. Also work with the content and social media manager and design team to create ads and build targeted ads on social platforms like IG, FB, and TikTok to generate a min ROAS of 4 for these efforts, using data analytics to track and optimize performance.
The salary range for this role is $135,000 – $165,000 USD and is dependent on experience.
The necessities and nice-to-haves:
- 7+ years digital marketing and ecommerce experience
- 2+ years of demonstrated ability to work in emerging space/new business models
- 5+ years of proven team leadership and employee management and development skills
- BA in Business Management, Marketing or a related field
- Experience with SEO, SEM and digital paid efforts
- Experience with google analytics
- Experience in digital retail, ecommerce shops, and ticketing management preferred
- Have leadership experience leading a team.
- Insightful and highly creative with the ability to guide and create compelling content.
- Excellent writing skills and strong visual eye.
- Extremely comfortable crafting an on-screen presence and following.
- Work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment and across different time zones.
- Are a self-starter who takes initiative.
- Not afraid to take risks and try new things, always testing and learning.
- Always on top of the social trends and platform changes.
- Understanding of data analytics to make data-driven decisions.
- Have a strong understanding of markets and competition, and be able to identify consumer trends to inform marketing strategy.
The Good Stuff:
- Unlimited ice cream
- Competitive Pay
- 16 free museum tickets per year for friends and family, with free entry for self
- 50% off retail products
- Vision, dental, and healthcare benefits
- Stock options
- Life insurance