Entry-Level Business Development RepresentativeFull time @lever jobs posted 6 months ago
Since our start in 2015, we’ve gone from a group of individuals to a community pushing toward the same goal of building a fantastic company with great people, great products, and most importantly, a great culture. To date, we have grown from a handful of school districts in Arkansas to thousands of school districts across the U.S.
Apptegy empowers school leaders to run better schools. In this position, you’ll introduce and show school leaders how to craft great digital experiences for their school district and community.
We value thoughtfulness and performance from everyone. That’s how we’ve grown quickly and won (and kept) thousands of school districts across the U.S. The Business Development team is small, but fast-growing. You’ll have the tools, the mentors, and the resources you need to be successful. We ask you to be someone that is internally motivated to do your best work and that you care about others. Apptegy’s Business Development Representative (BDR) position is your opportunity to join a high-performing team and contribute to our growth and your own.
If you’re interested in continuing (or starting) your Business Development career at a fast-growing and education-centric company, read on…
As a Business Development Representative…
you will play a critical role in company growth by leading conversations with school administrators in the Pittsburgh area about branding, marketing, and communication, dialing into their schools’ challenges in these areas, and demonstrating how Thrillshare is the solution to make this happen in a simple way through in-person visits and building local partnerships.
– attend conferences, conduct focus groups, and lead presentations to engage school leaders in conversations
– have a continuous follow-up with leads from the different events attended to ultimately close deals
– help Sales Representatives lead virtual product demos & close deals
What else should I know about the role?
Apptegy’s Business Development team continues to grow and we are looking for high performers to join us in having engaging conversations with school leaders across the United States.
You will be a key member of our Business Development team, speaking directly with superintendents, communication directors, and other decision-makers in schools. Our core product, Thrillshare, enables schools across the U.S. to communicate, share stories, and build a strong brand.
Through in-person conferences, focus groups, other events, and phone or Zoom calls, you will be an advocate responsible for building credibility, providing value to potential clients, and, ultimately, helping close deals to grow Apptegy. This position allows Apptegy to grow at a rapid pace now and over the long term.
1. You engage in meaningful conversations: As a Business Development Representative, you will be committed to listening closely to school leaders so that you can craft and lead an engaging conversation. To do that you will also learn and become knowledgeable about topics impacting school leaders including school choice, online presence, competition for teachers, students, and mindshare.
2. You demonstrate value: In your conversations, you will lead with insights first and the product second. Instead of talking about what our product can do, you’ll discuss why school districts and schools need a strong brand to compete and be effective. You’ll present a compelling story about the challenges that school leaders are experiencing and then deliver new insights to solve those same challenges.
3. You prepare intentionally & proactively: To be successful, you will have to make it a project to be at the top of your game every day. You must be adept at managing your time effectively and prepare in advance for calls and meetings so that you can be completely focused on the person you are speaking with.
4. You focus on long-term growth (not short-term sales): We are intent on reaching our monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals and continuing to drive the growth of Apptegy while still crafting an excellent experience for school leaders. We never compromise “just to make the sale” and believe that we can create value for us, for our clients, and for our investors.
5. You’re curious & coachable: We think differently about many things, especially sales. Your responsibility is to be curious about how we are doing things and to be coachable by taking feedback seriously.
What is true of you?
An aptitude for challenge & a track record of success:
– You have completed a four-year college degree with a high GPA or have comparable, continuous work experience.
– You have an impressive track record in your academic and work history.
– You have been in a fast-paced working environment and know how to pick up tech tools quickly.
– You can stay positive even if you get told “no” often.
An ability to manage your day and be effective & efficient:
– You have managed your own workflow and schedule.
– You do not need someone to guide your day or tell you what to do next.
Remarkable communication and presentation skills:
– You enjoy and have experience presenting or communicating in a professional environment.
– You know how to write effective emails and engage professionally across all channels (phone, video, written)
An ability and desire to build rapport:
– You are not afraid to pick up the phone or walk up to a stranger.
– You enjoy building professional relationships and always look for opportunities to make more contacts.
What else should I know?
We take our responsibility as a company seriously and aim to make this the best job that you’ve had (and one that sets you up for future success). We want your day at work and your time at home to be a joyful experience that’s why we provide:
-Medical, dental, vision insurance for you and dependents
-Matching 401(k) retirement plan
-Discretionary/flexible paid time off policy
-Parental leave Dependent Care FSA
-Annual Vacation Stipend
If the challenge of building a rapidly growing startup excites you as much as it does us, we hope that you’ll consider joining us.
Apptegy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.