Freelance UX DesignerFull time @Workable posted 6 months ago
In case we’ve never met before, we’re WebMechanix – an award-winning digital marketing agency based in Columbia, MD. We run high-impact performance marketing programs for over 65+ clients and frequently offer additional creative and development services as well.
We are looking for an experienced Freelance UX Designer who can support our in-house Creative Team with strong B2B experience to support redesign projects. Initially, we are looking for someone to take on 1-2 projects for roughly six weeks at about 20 hours per week. This may change over time and could lead to ongoing project work if interested.
In this role, you’ll lead UX design for redesign projects, including conducting stakeholder interviews and other light research activities to understand the customer and their tasks.
Your IA will be the strong foundation on which our designs and development will be built.
You will work alongside a larger creative team and will likely be involved in advising in an accessibility role, aid in translating wireframes for designers, and defending UX principles interacting with developers, designers and content creators.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, heuristic analysis, and other light research activities to support our understanding of the end-user
- Create user stories and IA that leverage usability best practices to improve UX
- Determine information architecture, design wireframes, and create sitemaps to convey the strategy for a redesign experience
- Present UX designs to clients and internal teams to help sell them on complex ideas
- Work alongside designers and developers to translate wireframes into fully functioning websites
Here’s what you’ll have
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a UX discipline
- Thorough knowledge of Figma to design wireframes
- Significant experience in UX of websites, supporting site redesigns
- Significant experience in B2B marketing, branding preferred
Here’s where to learn more:
- See what employees have to say on Glassdoor
- See what clients have to say on Clutch
- Shoot us an email at [email protected] if you have any questions!
WebMechanix is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category covered by law.
U.S. Residents Only