Fullstack EngineerFull time @Tarauli posted 2 months ago
Title: Fullstack Engineer
Type: Remote / Full Time Employee
Plume is a mission-driven, trans-founded company focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the transgender and gender-nonconforming communities. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans life and build a virtual care home for the trans community. As a rapidly expanding organization, we are now proudly available to more than 1 million transgender individuals in 45 states. We are an organization formed through the lived experience of trans people and fierce allies, and we welcome other heart-forward, talented individuals to join our team on this journey.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Fullstack Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in developing, improving and maintaining our telehealth platform, contributing to the enhancement of healthcare services for the transgender community. As a Fullstack Engineer, you will work closely with stakeholders to understand, generate, and implement requirements, while thriving in a startup environment that presents novel challenges requiring the acquisition of new skill sets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to design, develop, and maintain scalable and secure software solutions.
- Implement and enhance features on both the backend (NodeJS, TypeScript, AWS Lambda, Postgres) and frontend (React or other modern frameworks) of our telehealth platform.
- Develop wholly new member experiences that compliment our core telehealth offering based on market need & user feedback over time
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and other industry standards in the development and maintenance of healthcare-related software.
- Leverage cloud services, particularly AWS, and contribute to the implementation of serverless architecture.
- 5-7 years of experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years of experience with TypeScript.
- 2+ years of experience with NodeJS.
- Proficiency in cloud environments, particularly AWS, and experience with services such as Lambda and Postgres.
- Strong understanding of serverless architecture.
- Demonstrable capability in relational data model design and working knowledge of SQL variants
- Fluency in quality practices such as unit and integration testing, CI/CD, and monitoring
- Knowledge of GraphQL and REST API design and development, including documentation and testing
- Strong technical communication and documentation skills as well as a bias toward collaboration
- Empathy for and understanding of the transgender experience, including the challenges faced in seeking healthcare.
Ideally, You Also Have
- 1+ years experience in Python.
- Familiarity with React or other modern front-end frameworks.
- Experience maintaining and contributing to infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry or another regulated industry
- Proven experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, generate, and implement requirements.
- Previous experience in a startup environment.
- Eagerness to take on novel challenges that require learning new skill sets.