Junior Global Logistics Specialist at iHerbFull time @Tarauli posted 7 months ago
Junior Global Logistics Specialist
Location Remote / Home Office, United States of America Category Corporate Job Id 5686877003
The Junior Global Logistics Specialist will accomplish tasks under the Global Logistics Supervisor/Manager’s guidance. This position will coordinate, in English plus other foreign languages, with various domestic and international logistics companies to ensure outbound shipments are processed fast and economically.
- Report to the Global Logistics Manager or Supervisor any discrepancies of damaged or lost shipments, customs issues, and work with various freight forwarders and logistics vendors to ensure shipments are properly sent to their correct destination and on time
- Maintain TMS vendor rates and routings, lead times, pick up times, logos, VAT, tracking mapping, and shipping content.
- Research lost shipments, broken items and track items between custom brokers and iHerb Logistics
- Follow-up with freight forwarders and other vendors on a daily basis to ensure timely flow of the shipments
- Organize and report monthly customer survey results to the management team for improvements
- Perform audits, review logistics processes with the management team when needed
- Obtain quotes, prepare and send vendor pricing update reports to the Accounting Department and the management team
- Translate documents
- Attend corporate meetings when translation is necessary
- Support special project when needed
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be bilingual
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills must be able to speak, read and write in the native country’s language
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Stress tolerance
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and etc.
Generally requires a minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience required.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required
The anticipated pay scale for this position can be found below, however the pay range applicable to you may vary by geographic location based on where the job is located or where you work. The final pay offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and years of experience within the job, the type of years and experience within the industry, education, etc. iHerb, LLC is a multi-state employer and this pay scale may not reflect positions that work in other states or locations.
Employees (and their families) that meet eligibility criteria as outlined in applicable plan documents are eligible to participate in our medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance programs and may enroll in our company’s 401(k) plan. Employees will also be eligible for Time Off and Paid Sick Leave pursuant to the company’s policies. Employees will enjoy paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Eligibility requirements for these benefits will be controlled by applicable plan documents.
Hired applicant may be awarded Restrict Stock Units and receive annual bonuses pursuant to eligibility and performance criteria defined in the respective plan documents and policies.
For more information on iHerb benefits, visit us at iHerbBenefits.com.
Anticipated Pay Scale:
Staffing Agency Submission Notice
iHerb does not accept unsolicited 3rd party (“Agency”) candidates. If you are an Agency, please send any requests to be considered as a supplier in our Vendor Management System to [email protected]. Do not contact iHerb employees directly. If requested to work on a role, any Agency candidates would be presented through the internal recruiting organization.
iHerb is on a mission to make health and wellness accessible to all. We offer Earth’s best-curated selection of health and wellness products, at the best possible value, delivered with the most convenient experience.
We’re the world’s largest eCommerce platform dedicated to vitamins, minerals, and supplements, and other health and wellness products. For more than 25 years, we’ve been making it simple for people all over the world to purchase the highest quality products. From supplements to skincare to grocery items, we ship over 30,000 products, from over 1,200 brands direct to our customers in 185+ countries.
Our vision is to become the #1 destination for health and wellness across the world.
With a passion for wellness and a mind for innovative solutions, iHerb team members share a vision for a healthier world that drives them each day. Our 5 Shared Values unite our global team:
Focus on the Customer Empower Our People Be Entrepreneurial & Pivot Quickly
Embrace Diversity & Inclusion Strive for Simplicity
At iHerb, we are dedicated to offering programs designed to help our employees and their families stay healthy, live well, and plan for their financial future. Built on a strong foundation, our programs provide options and upgrades with flexibility, protection, and security in mind. For the comprehensive benefits list, visit www.iHerbBenefits.com. For our international team members, you may be eligible for benefits depending on the country where you are employed. The Talent Acquisition Partner/local HR representative will go over the benefits you are eligible for.
iHerb is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. iHerb provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment.