Lead Software Engineer – Java DeveloperFull time @Glassdoor posted 8 months ago
Lead Software Engineer – Java Developer
- Job Identification210424288
- Job CategorySoftware Engineering
- Posting Date06/08/2023, 12:16 AM
- Job ScheduleFull time
- Locations 1111 Polaris Pkwy, Columbus, OH, 43240, US
As a Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase, you are an integral part of an agile team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm’s business objectives.
We’re looking for members to fill out our Agile team. Your focus will be on the newer technologies (cloud, Domain Driven Design, API’s, microservices) with the goal of decomposing a larger service into smaller microservices. The existing team is a truly diverse, fun mix of experience and skills who currently work extremely well together. This team solves the tough problems for breakfast!
We just need an experienced lead to put it all together!
Please note that we are describing our ideal candidate here. We don’t expect you to know everything. Showing that you can learn something new is almost as valuable as already knowing it.
As a member of our Agile team we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business and technical problems through innovation and engineering practices. Our team embraces a culture of experimentation and constantly strives for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 8+ years applied experience
- Expertise in Java, Spring Boot, OO-design/implementation, Domain Driven Design, Data management, and relational databases
- Website development is a plus but not critical
- J2EE experience is welcome as we remove those components from our system
- Kafka and Cassandra experience
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices (let’s use all the fun tools out there!)
- Mindset of testing while coding (automated)
- Passionate about building an innovative and inclusive culture
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Strong communication skills – able to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.