Payments Specialist at Coterie InsuranceFull time @Tarauli posted 6 months ago
What will the Payment Specialist do?
We’re looking for a Payment Specialist who is passionate about efficient and accurate commercial insurance. We need someone who can deliver both a world class customer service experience while enhancing and innovating our payment program.
- Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
- Holiday coverage will be needed and will be compensated at time and half pay.
- Training will be Monday-Friday for the first 4 weeks and then schedules will adjust to the shift confirmed above.
- Support the Coterie Payment Program from end to end, including: payments, refunds, credit card disputes, notices of cancellation, rescissions, cancellations, agency bill, my billing center
- Support the producer commissions process
- Support the claims and vendor payment process
- Escalate payment issues to Payments Team Leads and Management as needed
- Identify opportunities to increase compliance of our payment program
- Respond to all customer requests in the payments queue via varying methods of communication
- Work cross-divisionally to enhance existing processes and define/implement new processes
- Build and maintain audit processes for all payment systems to ensure data is consistent and accurate
- Train department new hires as needed
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures for all processes
- Adhere to internal SLAs to customer inquiries and escalate as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Superpowers we are looking for!
- You have B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent
- You have a minimum 3 years’ experience in insurance and responding to customer inquiries
- You hold a Property & Casualty Producer license in your home state and are open to pursuing licensing in all states within 90 days of hire
- Knowledge of commercial insurance and compliance requirements for financial transactions and collections
- Expertise with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Sharepoint, PowerAutomate
- Responsive to time-sensitive customer inquiries and interacting positively with independent producers
- You’re passionate about creating simpler internal insurance operations procedures
Extras that are awesome but not required!
- CPCU, ARM, or CIC designations
- Familiarity with 3rd party data vendors and integrations
- Insuretech experience
What to expect!
Our hiring process generally consists of 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Qualified candidates will first meet with HR for a phone interview. This discussion is a high-level conversation to understand more about your background and interests and for us to share more about Coterie and the position.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates will then meet our Hiring Manager for the 2nd interview via Teams video. This interview is designed to be more detail oriented and allows you to learn more about the role
- Phase 3: Top candidates will receive an invite for our final interview series via Teams video. This series will include an experiential exercise project (provided in advance), 1:1 interviews with selected team members and a culture focused interview. The final series is roughly 1.5-3 hours in total but can be scheduled over a few days for flexibility.
What’s in it for you!
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. We offer the following:
- 100% remote.
- Health insurance through Aetna (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Dental and vision insurance through Guardian (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Basic life insurance (we pay 100% of premiums).
- Access to flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) (for those using HSA eligible plans).
- 401K plan (up 4% match with immediate vest).
- Unlimited PTO and company paid holidays. We expect you to take at least 80 hours during the year not including paid holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Continuing education stipend.
- Perks/discounts plan access via Access Perks.
- A culture with a deep belief in intentionality, inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
- Formalized, universal mentorship via Coterie Core-Coaching program.
- The annual salary for this position is 60,000, paid hourly, based on national data. Salary is based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; degrees or certifications, etc.
About Coterie Our HQ is in Blue Ash, Ohio (4455 Carver Woods Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242), but we operate as a 100% digital business which makes it easy to work remotely as your role allows
Coterie is a business insurance startup that distributes flexible-term policies on our website and partner platforms. We value integrity, humility, passion, and intelligence. If you want to push yourself, promote social good, and re-shape a $200B+ market, we’re excited to talk to you.