Procurement Manager at PagerDutyFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 7 months ago
Location: Remote (USA)
The Procurement Manager is responsible for enabling and leading the procurement process at PagerDuty. The Procurement Manager works collaboratively with IT, Finance, business leaders, and other stakeholders to successfully onboard and maintain suppliers providing critical services and resources to augment PagerDuty’s in-house activities and exceed our business goals. It is the PagerDuty P2P Team’s Mission to procure the right products and services at the right time for a fair price which we pay correctly and on time to enable the business to reach its goal to revolutionize operations and build customer trust by anticipating the unexpected in an unpredictable world. The Procurement Manager’s role is that of an individual contributor on the P2P Team and reports to the Head of Procurement.
How You Impact Our Vision
- Manage and track procurement activities for the organization – e.g., Product Development or Sales
- Work with Legal on supplier agreements (DPA, MSA, and SOW) to reduce risk
- Provide regular insights, strategy recommendations, and liabilities while expediting the overall process for new and recurring supplier relationships to leadership
- Maintain close relationships with stakeholders, juggle multiple stakeholder requests, prioritize, and respond timely
- Utilize the Procure to Pay and Contract Lifecycle Management Software Tools
- Negotiate supplier deals/terms and track cost savings
- Assist with quarterly business reviews
- Assist with various Procurement related processes and system improvement projects
- Working knowledge of Procurement processes from requisition to PO in a global, multi-entity environment
- Having in-depth knowledge of contracting, from reading and understanding commercial contracts to redlining complex contracts and drafting simple amendments or termination notices
- Thriving in a fast paced and changing environment with the ability to concurrently lead multiple supplier projects and activities
- Hands-on experience collaborating cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders aligning on organizational objectives, and driving actions to achieve project completion
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and understand and align their business objectives with procurement processes
- Ability to partner with suppliers to achieve win-win outcomes
- Strong communication, presentation, customer service, listening and writing skills
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills to use for complex commercial deals
- Ability to drive change and develop a shared vision cross-functionally
- Software proficiencies preferred: Coupa
- 3+ years of experience with the Procurement of Software and Services
- 3+ years of experience with the Procure to Pay Process
- 3+ years of experience working collaboratively with Legal Functions on supplier Contracts and Contract Language
- 2+ years of experience in Price / Contract negotiations in the area of Software Contracts, especially SaaS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Supply Chain, or a related field
The base salary range for this position is 120,000 – 183,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those cities and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave – up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off – 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week – scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty – a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified , a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.