Remote Finance jobsFull time @linkedin jobs posted 6 months ago
Senior Accountant – Full-Time – Days – CAH (REMOTE)
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinates, implements, and oversees complex accounting activities, including journal entries, financial statements, fixed assets, account reconciliations, compliance with GAAP accounting, financial reporting requirements, and assistance with the budget process.
- Trains, teaches, and provides daily supervision of staff accountants, accounting specialists, accounting technicians, and accounting interns.
- Reviews recorded journal entries and monthly financial statements, identifying unusual or significant variances to ensure the financial statements are fairly stated.
- Completes accounting areas that are more complex or judgmental in nature, with oversight from the CFO or Director of Accounting.
- Assists with external audit functions, including the preparation of audit schedules.
- Provides support for managers and others in analyzing account fluctuations.
- Conducts special projects as assigned.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
- Possesses advanced knowledge and understanding of GAAP accounting principles.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to train, teach, and supervise a team of accounting professionals.
- Strong proficiency in financial statement analysis and reporting.
- Experience with budgeting and compliance with financial reporting requirements.
Job Requirements Applicable Experience:
Day (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint Luke’s 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke’s means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region’s premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer.