Revenue Recognition Manager at CriblFull time @Tarauli posted 8 months ago
Revenue Recognition Manager
Revenue Recognition Manager
REMOTE UNITED STATES
Cribl makes open observability a reality for today’s tech professionals. Our category-defining product suite gives companies the power to control their data and the flexibility to make choices, not compromises. With more than $400 million in funding by top investors including IVP, CRV, Redpoint Ventures, Sequoia, Greylock, and Tiger Global, we continue to grow our revenue and customer base by triple digits, with more than a quarter of Fortune 100 companies now Cribl customers.
As a remote first company, Cribl was recently ranked as the top technology/software company on the Forbes Best Startup Employers list (#7 overall), included in CNBC’s Top Startups for the Enterprise, and has been recognized as a top company for women, diversity, and culture by Comparably. So what’s it like to work here? Our culture is rooted in our five core values, which includes Irreverent, but Serious. We like to have fun. We like to make each other laugh. And we love Goats!
About the Opportunity
The Revenue Manager will be hands on for all Revenue Accounting functions for Subscription, Cloud, and Professional Services revenue streams, which include revenue recognition, month-end close (preparing journal entries and G/L reconciliations), variance analysis, and financial reporting requirements. The role will be responsible for order to cash and reviewing revenue contracts against the ASC 606 revenue criteria. This position reports to the Sr Dir, Accounting.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Review customer contracts and purchase orders for revenue recognition to ensure compliance with company policies and appropriate revenue recognition standards under ASC 606
- Manage monthly revenue close process which involves posting monthly and quarterly revenue entries in NetSuite Advanced Revenue Module (ARM) and preparing general ledger reconciliations for revenue, deferred revenue, and unbilled accounts.
- Maintain Standalone Selling Pricing (SSP) policy and manage refresh analysis on a quarterly basis
- Assist with the development and implementation of new revenue accounting policies, memos, and internal controls
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse cross-functional stakeholders to meet deadlines and ensure compliance
- Maintain comprehensive view of Order-to-Cash process working cross functionally to ensure timely and accurate reporting
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years of revenue experience – revenue recognition experience in SaaS subscription and consumption preferably with a mix of public accounting and high-growth companies
- Comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition guidance, including ASC 606
- Proven ability to interpret and apply accounting guidance and prepare formal, well supported memos and supporting documentation
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experienced with NetSuite ARM and Salesforce.com
- CPA certification preferred
Salary Range ($115,000- 150,000)
The salary for this role is dependent on geographic location. The salary offered within the range described will be based on the individual candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive salary, Cribl also offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and paid time off, a fertility treatment benefit, 401(k), and equity. The total compensation offered for this position will include a commission/incentive plan.
Bring Your Whole Self
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed, and we work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.