Senior Associate – Senior UI Designer@Tarauli posted 5 months ago
Title: Senior Associate – Senior UI Designer
Location: United States
Remote, any state, US
Location Designation: Remote
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
It is an exciting time to join New York Life Insurance Company, a Fortune 100 company and the largest mutual life insurance company in the US, as we continue to innovate our technology and build the next generation digital experience for our customers and agents. You will join a growing team which is at the forefront of New York Life’s evolution to providing more innovative and differentiated consumer and agent/advisor experiences that lean into the power of human guidance, improving our customer’s financial wellness and peace of mind, and enabling our agents to grow their small businesses. You’ll step into a world where your expertise will play a pivotal role in driving the development of cutting-edge web and other digital marketing products that are redefining how individuals perceive and engage with life insurance and financial solutions. This is your chance to be at the forefront of an exciting transformation, working alongside a group of talented professionals dedicated to pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. If you’re ready to channel your creativity, craft, and leadership into an environment that values impact, we can’t wait to welcome you to our team.
We’re searching for a highly skilled and hands-on talented individual to join our UX/UI team member as a Sr. UI Designer. Reporting to the Director of UI, this critical role involves the creation of compelling web and digital product experiences and interface designs that resonate with consumers and agents. As a key contributor, you will collaborate with other designers, product managers, production managers, analysts, and enablement partners, designing digital experiences, regardless of their scale, from the initial conception to the final touch. This position thrives on your ability to create pixel-perfect UI Designs that seamlessly marry form and function. Your contribution will not only help transform our products but will also actively shape the evolution of our design system.
- CORE UI/Visual Design
- Translate brand strategies into user-centric, imaginative, and innovative digital design solutions, pushing the boundaries of creativity
- Apply expertise across a breadth of design including color theory and application, use of typography, design and usage of iconography and imagery (images, illustrations, animations) in accordance with brand guidelines
- Design concepts, storyboards, and artifacts that convey experience direction for web and other digital experiences
- Design interface layouts with responsive web, component- based platforms with clear patterns, hierarchies, and spacing/alignments
- Create wireframes and interactive prototypes that translate user needs into intuitive and engaging digital interfaces
- Design new and enhanced componentry for consistency, usability, and re-usability
- Execute designs with meticulous attention to detail, ensuring every element aligns harmoniously with the overall composition
- Ensure designs are inclusive, culturally sensitive, and accessible consistent with WCAG guidelines
- Create and develop designs that seamlessly adapt across various devices and screen sizes, ensuring an exceptional user experience
- Ensure brand consistency across all design elements
- Articulate design direction, working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that design concepts align with our overarching goals and resonate with our target audience
- Strategic and creative approaches to solving design challenges, achieving a balance between visual appeal and functionality
- Apply human-centered design methodologies to ensure relentless focus on empathy and delivery for our users (consumers, clients, agents, etc.)
- Collaborate with DesignOps colleagues on evolving and maintaining designs and documentation for our design system
- Collaborate with design strategists, researchers, and analytics teams to understand our users, business requirements, and usability and operating data to inform design direction and execution
- Collaborate closely with our core UX/UI team, agency design partners, and contractors providing your unique design perspective to enhance the effectiveness of our projects
- Lead and participate in design reviews with key stakeholders to solicit, disposition, and iterate on feedback to ensure top quality designs
- Bring fresh ideas to the table, infusing projects with innovative design concepts that push the boundaries of creativity
- Stay at the forefront of industry trends, integrating refreshing ideas and innovative design techniques into our creative output
- Demonstrate ability to lead and mentor a team of designers, fostering a collaborative and inspiring creative environment
- Bachelor’s degree in design, graphic design, human-computer interaction, fine arts or equivalent (Master’s degree in similar disciplines preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in digital experience design with a strong portfolio showcasing a range of UI projects
- Familiar with applying scalable UI design system and enterprise-level design
- Deep knowledge of global accessibility standards, trends, best practices, and requirements.
- Mastery with design tools such as Figma, Adobe Suite, Adobe XD, Axure or other visual design and prototyping tools
- Experience creating userflows, low-fi designs, high-quality designs, and other artifacts needed to collaborate and iterate from vision through execution
- Experience designing to section 508, ADA, WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines
- Experience working in insurance, financial services, or other highly regulated industries a plus
- Experience designing for and with enterprise content management systems (especially Adobe Experience Manager) and other enterprise marketing platforms (Adobe Target and Adobe Digital Asset Manager) a plus
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organization, logic and analytical skills
- Knowledge of user-centered design methodologies and user experience best practices
- Experience in digital customer experience design, graphic and visual arts, including responsive design pattern creation and usage.
- Ability to articulate design direction to non-design counterparts
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to evolving brand strategies and market trends, ensuring our creative output remains fresh and relevant
Please include your online professional portfolio link with your resume when applying**
Salary range: $82,500-$122,500
Overtime eligible: Exempt
Discretionary bonus eligible: Yes
Sales bonus eligible: No
Starting salary is dependent upon several factors including previous work experience, specific industry experience, and/or skills required.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation. We’re proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 89511