Senior Backend DeveloperFull time @lever jobs posted 5 months ago
Senior Backend Developer
TORONTO, ONTARIO – REMOTE
Want to make an impact by working for a small company that values autonomy and working collaboratively to solve challenging problems? Love learning new technologies and using the latest APIs from WWDC? Then you’ll fit right into the Marketcircle team!
We’ve been a fully remote company for over five years and have learned a lot, empowering team members with the freedom and flexibility to work in the way that’s best for them. We prioritize true research and development over strict adherence to agile or rigid methodologies.
As part of this role you will be a key individual contributor to building the Daylite platform that supports Daylite for macOS, iOS, and web. We are building with tools like Django, Citus for distributed PostgreSQL, Kafka, and SwiftNIO. You will have an opportunity to help define and build the future of the Daylite platform and API.
Qualified candidate expectations:
- Have 5+ years of experience
- Hold a B.Sc Computer Science or B.Eng Software, or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience building SaaS products with Django/Python and PostgreSQL
- Proven track record of mentoring technical teams and coaching up
- Identify technical challenges and complexities and effectively communicate the simplest solution to meet the technical needs
- Are comfortable working remotely (100% remote work environment) as well as being comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Working hours can overlap ~3-4 hours with our Eastern Time Zone working hours of 9am to 5pm ET.
- Be part of the on-call rotation
Bonus points for:
- Development experience with Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge of Apple Push Notification Service, Redis, nginx, Kafka, Graylog, Prometheus, grafana, AWS, and Elasticsearch
- Familiar with infrastructure management toolsl ike Kubernetes, Ansible, Nomad, and Consul
- Experience or interest in building with SwiftNIO
- Knowledge of CalDAV & CardDAV
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers (like AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or DigitalOcean)
Things you will be working on:
- RESTful interfaces to persist data for our client apps
- Authentication and payment backends
- PostgreSQL database with custom extensions
- Elasticsearch indexing and search
Marketcircle Inc. is a fun and distributed tech company. We believe in the power of Kaizen, teamwork, creativity, ownership, and empathy. By embodying these core values we know we impact the lives of our customers, and each other.
Our mission is to empower small business worldwide which drives us to develop a native macOS and iOS app that helps thousands create organization of what would otherwise be chaos.
Tired of a long commute to work? As long as you have reliable internet, and can work between 10:00AM – 3:00PM EST (core hours), you can work from anywhere! Though we are mostly remote, our team tries to meet up in the office every now and again to share some laughs, build camaraderie and eat some good food! We also make it a point to do activities together, like axe throwing, escape rooms, evenings out, etc.
Marketcircle provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 905-480-5555 and/or [email protected].