Senior Developer – Information TechnologyFull time @Careers United posted 8 months ago
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
We believe that inclusion propels innovation and is the foundation of all that we do. United’s Digital Technology team spans the globe and is made up of diverse individuals all working together with cutting-edge technology to build the best airline in the history of aviation. Our team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics, and digital solutions.
United Airlines’ Customer Technology Platform department partners with business and technology leaders across the company to create services and applications across key airline functionalities such as Booking, Check-in, Payment, Reservation systems and Operational Systems to help support the commercial and digital Channels of United.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will be responsible for the development of critical applications, while working with a team of developers. You will design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing applications. Additionally, as a senior developer, you will build these applications with a focus on delivering cloud-based solutions. The individual will use groundbreaking technologies and enterprise grade integration software daily. You will be relied upon to help take this team to the next level from a technological standpoint.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design
- Serve as technical expert on development projects
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
- Collaborate with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
- Recognized as expert in field, knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices
- Conducts the most complex and vital work critical to the organization
- Works without supervision with complete latitude for independent judgment
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in design, development, documenting, testing, and debugging of new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use
- 5+ years of experience with Software Development Languages & Tools, C#, ASP.NET/MVC, Web API, WCF, MS Visual Studio, MS TFS, GitHub
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft NET Core, SQL, NoSQL and Design Patterns
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented systems design and Application Development
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Airlines industry experience is a plus
- AWS highly preferred
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact [email protected] to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT