Senior Engineer – AndroidFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 6 months ago
Title: Senior Engineer – Android (Fantasy)
Location: United States/Remote
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry — and **supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As an Android Engineer, you’ll be an early member of our small team to help build out the next generation of Underdog’s mobile applications and keep us the #1 app in the industry!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and submit clean, well-structured, maintainable code for new features and updates on UD’s existing and upcoming Android applications
- Be engaged with the team and product manager from start to finish, openly communicating issues, asking clarifying questions, raising concerns when needed
- Be open to feedback and collaboration with other developers to accomplish tasks at hand
- Have a sense of ownership and pride in your work by ensuring complete knowledge of the Underdog app and reviewing/responding to user feedback on the Google Play Store
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience building Android applications
- Good understanding of efficient layout design and experience using Constraint Layout
- Familiarity with networking and pagination, understanding/interest in MVVM and Redux architectures, and Kotlin best practices (syntax, coroutines, LiveData + Flow, etc.)
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills with both engineers and product
- Standard 3rd party library knowledge
Even better if you have
- Experience creating tests to accompany code
- Experience with sockets for real-time updates
- Basic knowledge of most major sports (NFL, MLB, NBA) and how they are played
- An understanding of Epoxy
- An interest in Compose
- Passion for Android development, with at least 1-2 personal Android projects under your belt
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $150,000 and $210,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we’re willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we’re extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club expense your books!
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!