Senior Engineer – PlatformFull time @lever jobs posted 6 months ago
Senior Engineer – Platform | Dev Ops | Infrastructure
UNITED STATES | REMOTE /
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Ockam enables developers to build apps that can Trust data-in-motion
We believe in Building Trust when it comes to our product and our team. We’d love for you to join us on our journey!
Ockam’s vision is to build a future where all applications can be interoperable – everywhere.
Ockam provides a collection of messaging and cryptographic protocols that provide end-to-end application layer trust in data. We believe that, in order to have a realistically manageable vulnerability surface, all modern applications need end-to-end guarantees of data integrity and authenticity. The only way to build secure and private applications is to remove unnecessary implicit trust in network boundaries, intermediaries and infrastructure.
Ockam continues to grow, but our values and virtues stay constant as our guiding lights. It is deeply important for us to maintain and enhance a culture in which everyone is respected, valued, and empowered.
About this role:
You will be a Senior Engineer II (Level 5) on our Platform Engineering team and will be solving challenging problems in areas like infrastructure automation, continuous deployment, secrets management, observability, fault tolerance, security monitoring, incidence response and more. You will be part of a team of senior engineers who have deep expertise across distributed systems, messaging systems, networking, security, cloud applications etc.
Your focus will be on developing tools and processes to measure and drive key Service Level Objectives. An ideal person for this role is someone who has past experience working in a team responsible for operating open source products as-a-service on public cloud infrastructure (ex. MongoDB Atlas, Confluent Cloud, etc).
You will need to be empathetic and understand our customers’ use cases and how their user experience is affected by the platform and processes that we use to operate and deliver our products. You will be responsible for service levels and plan incident response, and compliance with compliance standards such as AWS Well Architected, External Security Audits, SOC2 etc.
This role involves architecture, tool design, writing code, responsibility for testing, and publishing documentation. Everyone on the Ockam team takes responsibility for their parts from end-to-end, including the creation of long term objectives, issues in GitHub, task management, and summaries of key results.
- 10+ years of work history.
- Kubernetes, EKS, and containers.
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases.
- API design.
- Designing and provisioning complex cloud services in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Complex Git workflows.
- Modern CI/CD pipelines and DevOps.
- Collaboration on a remote-first, high-performance team.
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Gain a robust understanding of the needs of the platform codebase.
- Design, architect, and deliver your first large feature.
- Guide your peers that you work with on areas of improvement.
- Establish strong async and sync communication rhythms with your peers and management, practicing transparency and visibility in your progress and areas of focus
- Celebrate the major win of having your work being used and valued by our users
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other engineers and teammates in your product team, and support your team through thoughtful feedback
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Elevate the work of the team and become a subject matter expert on the team
- Continue to contribute to our Ockam Orchestrator
- Fortify relationships with cross functional team members as well as broaden your connections across the organization
- Coach and mentor team members
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Have significant responsibility, and make extensive contributions to a large system that enables customers to establish trusted channels between applications.
- Drive initiatives with high-impact on the business and our customers.
- Extensively collaborate with engineering management the executive team to level up the organization and continually improve our product.
$194,000 – $228,000 a year
Salary range is total comp, which includes base salary and equity. See Ockam’s Handbook for more information on our compensation.
Ockam is a distributed, remote-first team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.
Here are several resources to help you further evaluate Ockam: