Senior Executive AssistantFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 6 months ago
Title: Senior Executive Assistant
At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission to eliminate the back row in education and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
This role will engage with internal and external stakeholders, coordinate meetings and events, and assist business leaders in cross-department projects.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Serve as the first point of contact and liaison for all internal and external matters involving the CPO, helping to screen, prioritize and respond to requests as needed.
- Support strategy execution by ensuring project-based tasks and assignments across the office of the CPO are followed up on and completed effectively, on time.
- Coordinate all events and meetings for the CPO and departments: logistics (e.g. calendar invites, in-person and/or virtual meeting room set-up, agenda creation, etc).
- Assist with compiling presentations, agendas, meeting minutes and updating internal communication channels such as distribution lists and intranet pages.
- Provide executive administrative duties for the office of the CPO including calendar management, travel arrangements, expense processing, and submission of invoices.
- Create and improve upon systems to enhance efficiency for the CPO and broader departments.
- Develop a strong understanding of team goals and align work to support those goals in collaboration with colleagues.
- Manage complex projects, requiring inputs from multiple sources, ensuring the timely completion of work at a very high standard of quality and excellence.
- Fosters a collaborative and inclusive environment, encouraging and reinforcing partnerships within and outside of the immediate team.
- Foresee, research, and address potential issues, and new needs as they arise
- Lead and develop a functional assistant.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a corporate setting supporting senior-level executives
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in and navigate fast-paced environment
- Enjoys taking initiative to build strong relationships
- Solid organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to juggle multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to work with ambiguity while still moving forward
- Ability to influence without authority
- Experience with Zoom or other conferencing software
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience working in the educational technology space
- Experience working with a remote workforce
- Experience with Google apps
While this position is open to remote candidates across the U.S., we will prioritize those who live in the Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area and who are available to come into our Headquarters in Lanham, MD two days a week.
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($70,000-110,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: [email protected].
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings from free courses to full degrees and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we’re not stopping there we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.