Senior Executive Assistant to the PresidentFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 6 months ago
Title: Senior Executive Assistant to the President/COO (San Francisco)
Location: Remote US
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you’ll do
As the Senior Executive Assistant (EA) to the President/COO, you will work closely with the President/COO and the broader executive team to support all aspects of the President/COO’s work routine.
Cloudflare is a global company with roughly 3000+ employees and $1B in revenue. The President/COO travels often to spend time with the team and customers, and has a full schedule. This role requires a tight partnership to make it all happen.
The ideal candidate has superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple high-priority requests. It also requires the ability to work with team members at all levels, sometimes under pressure. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is important, as is a positive attitude. The ideal candidate is a seasoned EA who loves working in a growing company, understands the value in cultivating relationships and prides themselves on being a career EA.
***Location: This is a hybrid role based in San Francisco and this person will be expected to come into the office on a weekly basis as needed/requested. Relocation Assistance is available.
- Manage the schedule/communications including heavy calendar management, inbox prioritization, and email drafting
- Proactively own and flawlessly execute on calendars, prioritizing with purpose, deflecting with tact, understanding both the short/ long-term impacts of each confirmed, declined, and rescheduled meeting. Ensure leaders are equipped with all the necessary meeting information and manage inbound and outbound requests. Bonus if you enjoy playing Tetris with different Time Zones and schedules to help people get together,
- Coordinate in-person meetings and conferences including greeting guests, setting up board rooms, AV, organizing catering, attendance tracking and materials distribution. Provide agendas, detailed data, information, and resources in preparation for meetings.
- Communicate with general staff and customers on the President/COOs behalf
- Support the President/COO with external commitments on external boards, committees, and other groups.
- Good judgment prioritizing time-sensitive matters
- Implements processes for tracking customer contact, visits, and up to date status for potential/current customers
- Prepares and coordinates oral and written communications with prospects and current customers
- Assists in coordinating the agenda for direct reports and team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
- EA Team: Our EA team has a high degree of camaraderie and so the ideal candidate will enjoy partnering closely with their peers and foster teamwork.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum 8 years experience as an Executive Assistant in a high growth environment; experience supporting senior leaders
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills
- Experience supporting an Executive with many customer-facing responsibilities
- Incredibly organized and resourceful, able to juggle and multi-task with acute attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well written manner
- Experience setting up and implementing systems and processes to help scale
- You are a team player capable of cultivating productive working relationships across the company.
- Personable with a can do attitude that sees no task or project to be too small or too big
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and strong technology skills
- Bonus: you have worked in a team structure with a supporting administrative staff for travel and personal projects
- Bonus: you have supported an Executive part of a dual-working household with kids
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $149,000 – $183,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person’s, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.