Senior Frontend EngineerFull time @lever jobs posted 6 months ago
Senior Frontend Engineer
Join Archive in our mission to change consumer behavior for the better. If you think humans buy too much stuff and throw too much away, then this problem is for you. We’re starting with fashion and expanding from there.
Archive is building an ‘operating system for resale’ that delivers a customized online secondhand marketplace site and the underlying infrastructure and operations to plug into all of the other facets of a brand’s global resale strategy.
About the role
- You will be responsible for designing, architecting and implementing our customizable, theme-able e-commerce marketplace platform.
- You’ll own front-end infrastructure and tooling including code generation, GraphQL APIs, build system, SSR and edge computing.
- You’ll work closely with the CTO to grow and lead the engineering team, and set the tone for the engineering culture at Archive.
- You’re excited about joining a rapidly growing team to build a successful company, not just a good product.
- You take pride in creating experiences that are a joy to use and are excited to work on a team with a deep background in product design. This includes working with designers, conducting user research, and advocating for an end-user’s experience in engineering & product discussion.
- You’re self-directed and comfortable building, shipping and maintaining products with real users, moving fast, and reacting quickly to a changing environment.
- You are mission driven and love the fact that the better we do as a company, the less waste we’ll see in the world.
Skills / Experience
- Professional experience building and shipping production web applications
- Fluent in TypeScript and React
- Familiarity with Next.js and GraphQL
- Bonus: Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other relational databases, and a basic understanding of database performance
- Bonus: Experience in eCommerce, marketplace or multi-tenant platform development
- Frontend: Next.js + React + Redux + Apollo Client (Typescript), Firebase Auth
- Backend: NodeJS (Typescript), Hasura GraphQL Engine, Python, Dagster
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure: AWS, Terraform, Vercel, Render, Google Cloud
- Collaboration: Github, Linear, Notion, Slack
The expected annual base salary range for this position is $160,000 – $210,000. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors which include (but aren’t limited to) such as role level, skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, location, and experience. In addition to base pay, certain roles are eligible for equity as well.
Archive is a Series A startup backed by top-tier investors including Lightspeed and Bain Capital. We’re a fast growing team, working with over 30 brands including The North Face and Oscar De La Renta. The founders, Emily and Ryan, bring a mix of business and technology experience including 2 startups and a successful exit.
We are honored to be named one of The Information’s 50 Most Promising Startups of 2022. To build the list, The Information selected 50 companies that have the potential to be the most valuable businesses in their categories based on their current revenue, business model, and growth prospects.
The team is currently remote-first with hub offices in NY and LA and optional in-person work for those located in either of those two cities. Occasional travel expected.
We consider applicants of all backgrounds. If you are excited about what we’re building but don’t meet some of the criteria above, please don’t let that discourage you from applying. Please note, we are unable to accept applications from candidates outside of the US at this time