Senior Frontend EngineerFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 6 months ago
Senior Frontend Engineer
at Redesign Health
Redesign Health has recently become aware of the fraudulent use of our name on job postings and via recruiting emails that are illegitimate and not in any way associated with us. Redesign Health will never ask you to provide sensitive personal information as part of the recruiting process, such as your social security number; send you any unsolicited job offers or employment contracts; require any fees, payments or access to any financial accounts; and/or conduct text-only interviews. If you suspect you are being scammed or have been scammed online, you may report the crime to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and obtain more information regarding online scams at the Federal Trade Commission. If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of any communication sent purportedly by on or behalf of Redesign Health, we encourage you to contact us here.
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a company that powers innovation in healthcare. We develop technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change in healthcare, and provide a platform that enables founders and the broader healthcare ecosystem to build high-quality health solutions at scale. We have powered the launch of over 50 companies to-date, impacting more than fourteen million lives across many aspects of the healthcare ecosystem including cancer care, teleaudiology, COVID-19 testing, metabolic health and more. We’re on a mission to redesign health for everyone.
About the Job:
As a Senior Frontend Engineer on our platform team, you will be responsible for bringing our products & services to life. This core, agile group works to power the next generation of healthcare innovation by creatively solutioning on existing processes.
In this role, you will report to our Director of Engineering and work closely with a collaborative team eager to help one another and improve collectively. You will play a critical role in designing and executing the entire lifecycle for our platform product: from development, to deployment, and scaling. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of taking concepts from prototype all the way to user-pleasing products, in a modern scalable framework.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with partners across the company to create Platform tools that enables users to do their best work
- Implement React apps in feature-focused, component-driven development cycles
- Maintain tight feedback loops with UX and QA colleagues using Storybook
- Mentor more junior members of the team and instill a culture of best practices into our engineering organization
What you will need:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent and 8+ years of software development, and 4+ years of React experience
- You have experience taking products and architecture from 0 to 1
- You have developed UI components or UI tests in Storybook
- You have managed the full software development lifecycle using agile methodologies, source control, and issue tracking software
- You have experience working on component libraries or design systems
What you will bring to the table:
- You can design and implement responsive, customer-facing web apps
- You are fluent in TypeScript, or can achieve fluency quickly
- You are comfortable with foundational HTML/CSS/JS and HTTP concepts
- You can manipulate Hooks, styled components, and other React concepts to achieve desired results
- You can collaborate effectively with visual designers in Figma
- You can use or extend Chakra UI as appropriate
Who you are:
- Collaborates. You work cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives, partnering with others to get work done and crediting others for their contributions and accomplishments.
- Communicates Effectively. You are effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
- Drives Results. You persist in accomplishing objectives and exceeding goals despite obstacles and setbacks, while also helping others to achieve results.
- Manages Complexity. You ask the right questions to accurately analyze situations and uncover root causes to difficult issues. Through acquiring data from multiple and diverse sources, you are able to make sense of complex, high-quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to solve problems.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Full-time base salary range of $179,000 plus a competitive equity & benefits package listed under the “Why work with us?” section.
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out our full range of benefits here, and a few of our highlighted benefits below:
- Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
- Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 month sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
- Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $2k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program