Senior Full Stack EngineerFull time @lever jobs posted 8 months ago
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve MarketMinder platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team:
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data enthusiasts on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we’re on the hunt for a team leader who can take an agile approach to help us build sophisticated and scalable acquisition strategies. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
AirDNA is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Engineering team. You will work in a squad with a Product Manager, Designer, Marketing liaison, Data Scientist, and other Engineers. You’ll be using technologies such as React and TypeScript to build highly interactive data visualizations and analytical tools, using mobile-first responsive design while also developing back-end logic and APIs using Python. You’ll partner closely with our Product and Engineering teams to define, scope and implement high quality code and deliver products that delight our customers. You will serve as a technical leader in the organization, and a mentor to other engineers.
Here’s what you get to do:
- Bring the amazing design work from our creative design team to life!
- Deliver a tier-one SaaS consumer experience–you will meet people on the street who use and love what you will have built.
- Complete new feature stories end-to-end, developing the back-end end points, front-end UI screens, and connecting the two together.
- Design and build services within our frontend architecture on a cross functional team focused on data personalization.
- Develop client-facing enterprise level APIs for our customers to connect to directly and consume our data.
- Help drive the culture, values and growth of the engineering team
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
- Someone who takes pride in their outputs matching the high-fidelity mockups that they were coding to – passion for detail, gets every pixel right.
- You have 4+ years of experience with ReactJS recently.
- You have 6+ years of experience writing back end code, including application serving APIs, business logic, and access data layers.
- You have developed and consumed REST APIs and have experience with different types of authentication methods.
- A creative thinker – you’ve successfully designed platforms to maximize user experience.
- A forward thinker – you love thinking a few steps ahead and being prepared for all scenarios.
- A collaborator – you thrive working across multiple cross-departmental teams in service of common goals.
- A mentor – You enjoy teaching others, particularly about software development.
Here’s what would be nice to have:
- React query, test frameworks, styled components, and/or component libraries
- Experience writing SQL queries.
- Docker / KubernetesCI/CD pipelines
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $155,000 – $185,000 per year.
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed in specifically for those potential hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Eligible for Company’s annual discretionary bonus program
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- Quarterly team outings
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just a few blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
$155,000 – $185,000 a year
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email [email protected]. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.