Senior Quality Engineer (Remote – Austin, or U.S.)Full time @Greenhouse jobs posted 8 months ago
Senior Quality Engineer
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is “All Stripes Welcome,” and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
The Quality Engineering Department is looking for a dedicated Senior Quality Engineer to help support The Zebra’s growing needs. Software Quality industry experience is required for this role along with experience with automation. Day to day could range from exploratory testing to automating UI and/or API acceptance tests
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two. Please note – we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NY, NJ.
What You’ll Do:
- Work as an embedded member of a product development team and participate in Agile ceremonies
- Assess defects and advocate for quality
- Plan, build, and implement automation of automated and/or API tests
- Implement acceptance and exploratory testing
- Identify testing gaps and implement tests for coverage
- Perform investigative testing to assess the impact and root cause for issues
- Mentor other team members
- Strategize with other quality engineers across the organization to improve our SDLC and deployment processes
What We’re Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 3+ years of quality engineering experience with sophisticated mobile or web applications and software systems
- Ambitious problem solver who can own major projects and multiple initiatives
- Demonstrated success creating API and/or UI automation test suites
- Self-starter / proven ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement
- Real passion for testing, attention to detail, and quality assurance
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- UI automation experience using WebdriverIO
- Prior experience with Gitlab
- CI/CD experience
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k plan + employer match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ the flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it’s “insurance in black and white.”
We’ve garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is “All Stripes Welcome.” As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.