Senior Software Engineer – Cloud Access (US Remote Available)Full time @Tarauli posted 8 months ago
Senior Software Engineer – Cloud Access (US Remote Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About The Role
The Cloud Access team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us. As a member of the team, you will collaborate with other engineering, security and operations teams to execute on strategic plans and develop tactical execution methodologies which improve the “protect, detect, and respond” capabilities of Splunk Cloud.
The ideal candidate has a strong passion to help enable RBAC and IAM based Cloud Security to protect our organization, customers, and assets. You will work with Cloud operations teams, compliance teams, Splunk Global Security, and incident responders as well as identity and security solution providers, to help improve the team’s access control and security posture and achieve success.
In this role, you will:
- Build tools and automation for orchestrating access provisioning in Splunk Cloud.
- Extend existing IAM and RBAC based services and platforms to enhance partner capabilities, automating to reduce overhead while increasing the number of groups supported and the overall complexity of the systems.
- Identify use cases that can be built with existing tools and services to enhance access to internal cloud systems.
- This role also includes supporting the definition of requirements that enable innovative integrations and solutions.
- Collaborate on the evaluation and test solutions with the intent of improving Splunk’s overall access control features and flexibility.
- Partner with Service owners to implement Service Level Metrics & Service Level Objectives that act as service health indicators.
- Practical knowledge of AWS, GCP, Azure
- Coding experience in one or more of Python, Bash, Go or Java.
- Experienced with automating infrastructure with scripting (Python, Go) and tooling (Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc).
Experienced with the setup/configuration/operation of CI/CD pipelines and source code control (e.g.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess problems and requests from multiple perspectives, analyze approach feasibility, and decide on the efficient course of action.
- 4 or more years of experience in one or more of these critical areas: Access Controls, Information Security Technology, Engineering, CI/CD, Operations.
- Strong ability to communicate data, facts, and analysis of the technical subject matter.
- You will support collaboration when working on engineering’s goals and objectives.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must work on US soil.
Not required, and would be nice to have:
- Exposure to CIS, DTPR, PCI,HIPAA and FedRAMP regulation.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in the Bay Area, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk’s Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $163,200.00 – 224,400.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $148,000.00 – 203,500.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $136,800.00 – 188,100.00 per year