Senior UX Researcher at ZillowFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 5 months ago
Senior UX Researcher
time type: Full time
job requisition id: P742897
About the team
The Experience Research team sits within a multidisciplinary team of researchers, Zillow Research & Insights (ZRI), which includes Customer and Partner Insights Strategists, UX Researchers, Behavioral Scientists, and Population Scientists. We all play a significant role within the greater product and marketing organizations. ZRI sits within Zillow Experience Design (ZxD), a fast-paced, collaborative, and driven product design team. We’re a tight-knit, fun-loving, and upbeat group.
– We build useful, usable, and innovative experiences for Zillow customers. These experiences live across web, mobile, and internal software platforms.
– Our team cares deeply about solving problems for real people customers, co-workers, and everyone else. We seek to make everything a little better than we found it.
About the role
As a senior UX researcher, you’re responsible for driving research and design strategy to craft phenomenal customer experiences. You’ll provide our data-hungry team with meaningful customer insights and work with designers to evaluate experience outcomes. Our mission is to make Zillow the most-loved place to discover, buy, sell, or rent a home.
- Apply appropriate research methods (qual and quant) to investigate and tackle ambitious customer problems
- Synthesize and frame customer needs to guide product strategy and innovation
- Advocate for customer needs throughout the design process and ensure they align with business initiatives
- Work closely with marketers, designers, product managers, and engineers
- Propose, test, and evaluate ideas that improve Zillow customer experiences
- Lead research activities like user interviews, contextual inquiry, quantitative surveys, diary studies, co-design sessions, concept evaluation, and usability testing
- Measure the success of products and how they improve customer experiences
- Present research insights and regularly engage with partners
- Lead multiple projects independently, prioritize business objectives, and deliver high-quality work on time
- Contribute, learn, grow, and have fun
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. Remote employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $135,500.00 – $216,500.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who you are
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- 57 years as a user researcher or similar role
- Experience working optimally with diverse, cross-functional product teams to guide strategic decisions
- Experience collaborating with other UX, insights, and consumer analytics researchers, especially for sophisticated/multi-modal studies
- Experience translating research findings into product improvements and describing why they matter to customers and business
- Experience defining customer experience opportunities, identifying connections across lines of business, and solving big-picture problems
- Experience presenting findings, engaging partners in research, and influencing them to take action
- Experience prioritizing research activities to deliver practical insights and direction quickly
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative methods to understand user behaviors and address business objectives
Here at Zillow, we value ALL candidates with a diverse set of backgrounds, experience, and skills. If you have experience and meet at least some of the criteria, we encourage you to apply!
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make home a reality for more and more people.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do helps people get home and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making home a reality for more and more people.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverages as well as parental leave, family benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at [email protected].
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.