Software EngineerFull time @Tarauli posted 2 months ago
Overview: This Software Engineer is responsible for creating, testing, ensuring the quality of and maintaining a product or product line. The Software Engineer will perform moderately complex code modification, testing and debugging tasks as well as perform analysis related to software design and development under the minimally guided supervision of senior team members and management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively to write high quality, testable code that meets the Definition of Done;
- Strive to meet team sprint commitments;
- Adopt a Test-First approach to software development, where possible in which the test is developed before the code;
- Participate in design and code reviews with other engineers;
- May develop and utilize automated test scripts to perform duties;
- Participate in test plan reviews;
- Actively support and contribute to end of iteration demos;
- Responsible for assigned integration, testing and deployment task;
- Work with product management to scope and estimate product enhancements;
- Design, implement, unit test software, and test software following defined processes;
- Fix software defects (internal or customer reported) following defined process;
- Scope of work is typically at the product component/feature level;
- Other duties as requested and/or determined;
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Employer.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of related professional experience, prior software engineering experience preferred;
- Demonstrates high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others;
- Demonstrates a growth mindset, seeks feedback often and is effective in continuous personal and professional development;
- Participates in self-directed learning activities aimed at developing expertise within technical domain, including reading relevant publications, participating in domain forums or groups etc.;
- Innovation – anticipates and looks for creative ways to solve problems; is proactive, seeks out and applies best practices;
- Debugging/coding skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Builds Secure applications and adheres to security standards;
- Communication and organization skills; and
- Teamwork skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in Technology.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Sedentary work (i.e. sitting for long periods of time);
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force;
- Frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects and repetitive motions;
- Subject to inside environmental conditions; and
- Travel for this position will include less than 5% locally usually for training purposes.
The actual base pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge/skills, experience, business needs, geographical location, and internal equity. At Inovalon, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top end of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent upon the facts and circumstances of each position and candidate.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications listed in a job description. If you don’t meet every qualification listed but are excited about our mission and the work described, we encourage you to apply regardless. ComplexCare Solutions is most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and you may be just the right person for this or other roles.
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. ComplexCare Solutions strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.
ComplexCare Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirement.
The Company maintains a drug free work environment for all of its associates, which includes employees, contractors and vendors. It is unlawful for associates to manufacture, sell, distribute, dispense, possess or use any controlled substance or marijuana in the workplace and doing so will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or the contracted relationship.