Sr. Technical Program ManagerFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 7 months ago
Who We Are
We are doing something different, and we want you to be a part of it. To put it simply, we are powering and securing the next financial system of the world.
Whether that’s by delivering best-in-class blockchain infrastructure and hosting for our clients, by growing our digital asset mining practice or by pioneering innovative financial products and services through blockchain technology. Our solutions enable companies to host and monitor their blockchain hardware, optimize blockchain mining, render images, host nodes, and get the best ROI on their hardware.
Joining a company that is focused exclusively on the hypergrowth technology of blockchain is exhilarating and game changing. Core Scientific isn’t for the faint of heart. It requires smart, creative, collaborative teams who work hard and fast. If this appeals to you, you will thrive here and be a part of something special. Unapologetically, we work hard, run hard, and hold ourselves accountable in our quest to build something special. If these things interest you, we hope you’ll consider joining our team.
Sr. Technical Program Manager (STPM)
Director, Technical Program Management
We’re looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager (STPM) who will be responsible for providing technical project planning, management and oversight for key initiatives and implementation projects, ensuring first that these initiatives and projects are closely aligned with Core Scientific’s strategic priorities, and second, that these initiatives and projects are completed on-time, within scope and budget and with an extremely high quality of deliverables. The STPM will ensure the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system supportability throughout the life cycle (design, development, testing and evaluation, production, and disposition) of each program and will analyze alternative problem solutions when needed.
The STPM leads and manages software engineering project and program initiatives to support Core Scientific’s mission, international objectives, and other business functional areas.
The STPM will be accountable for all aspects of program management including all project resources (including partners/contractors), project planning, scheduling, risk management, scope management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and external partners).
- Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information filters, validates and interprets dynamic material.
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the project or program.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels.
- Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents, building functional models, developing procedures, developing functional architectures, and other related management and technical duties.
- Assign and monitor work of project related personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time, and within budget.
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of documentation, communication plans, processes, training, etc.
- Defines project scope, deliverables, roles, and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners.
- Defines, acquires, and allocates budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function and monitors performance across resource channels.
- Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks, and value to business objectives.
- Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the program and project life cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of subject matter experts.
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
- Identifies, clarifies, and communicates project vision, goals, and objectives and how these ties into, support or impedes organizational strategic objectives
- Manage scope throughout the project duration. Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, status reports
- Manages and helps define items such as pipeline throughput, OLAs/SLAs, and KPIs in relation to the program and project plans.
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards.
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
- Responsible for complex program management tasks and development of standards and processes for Data Center Operations.
- Understand, track, and articulate issues / risk / action items; work with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; update the appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Foster open, respectful, and professional communication directly within the team as well as with co-workers/ teammates and leaders across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7+ years of technical program manager and/or software engineering experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of program management processes, artifacts, and tools.
- Ability to independently manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as a liaison between the Operations organization and stakeholders.
- An ability to drive the big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in business process mapping or operational redesign / improvement.
- Full understanding of program/process lifecycle best practices.
- Knowledge of practical aspects of project management.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to all stakeholders.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
This job is remote. This position may be required to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends.
Able to meet physical requirements of the job, such as sitting, standing, the use of both hands.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time regular position. General hours and days of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Minimal travel, < 10%.