Staff Software EngineerFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 7 months ago
Staff Software Engineer, Fullstack (Merchant Enablement)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Merchant Enablement team builds and maintains Client UX and APIs in Affirm’s Merchant Portal. The goal of the team is to reduce complexity of merchant onboarding and augment merchants’ underwriting and monitoring capabilities through high quality tooling and useful, delightful features.
We aim to make merchant onboarding into a turnkey service, and to empower merchants to optimize and manage all aspects of their Affirm integration, enabling them to grow their business through a data centric approach.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Engineer to join us to help fulfill our vision. The work will be challenging due to the speed at which the market is growing, and the work involved will directly impact the growth trajectory of Affirm’s merchant network.
What you’ll Do
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Consistently generate simple and elegant designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and leveraged by others.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects.
- Actively participate in making their team and workplace an inclusive environment for people from all backgrounds.
What We Look For
- 6-10+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- A humble team-player who places the needs of others first and participates in the development of peers on the team.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred but not required.
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $190,000 – $284,900
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $171,000 – $256,500
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage – Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets – generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off – competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP – An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.