As the global home for all developers, GitHub is the complete AI-powered developer platform to build, scale, and deliver secure software. Over 100 million people, including developers from 90 of the Fortune 100 companies, use GitHub to build amazing things together across 330+ million repositories. With all the collaborative features of GitHub, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
In this role you can work from Remote, United States
GitHub is the world’s leading AI-powered developer platform with 100 million developers and counting. We’re also home to the biggest open source community on earth (and 99% of the world’s software has open source code in its DNA). Many of the apps and programs you use every day are built on GitHub.
Our teams are dreamers, doers, and pioneers, leading the way in AI, driving humanitarian efforts around the globe, and even sending open source to Mars (and beyond!).
At GitHub, our goal is to create the space you need to do your best work. We’re remote-first and offer competitive pay, generous learning and growth opportunities, and excellent benefits to support you, wherever you are—because we know that people flourish when they can work on their own terms.
Join us, and let’s change the world together.
As a software engineer at GitHub, you will enhance the collaboration experience at GitHub by working closely with a community of engineers and designers with a distributed, diverse and passionate team delivering the services that millions of developers depend on. In this role you will design, prototype, implement, ship and support highly performant and inspiring user experiences with your team.We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers, people who care about culture as well as customers and features. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, a common purpose, passion for quality, curiosity, dedication, and investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results. Great products reflect the teams that build them
- Design, develop and ship high-quality technical solutions that scale across multiple GitHub services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement innovative solutions.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others.
- Write architecture briefs and proposals, carry out code experiments, and build prototypes to learn how we can achieve planetary scale with our systems.
- Design and implement APIs to facilitate seamless integration between software components.
- Utilize CI/CD tools to set up automated pipelines for continuous integration and delivery.
- Become intimately familiar with the systems you build and take pride in writing maintainable code.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience leading a team in designing, building, scaling and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience leading a team in testing, production system monitoring, and observability
- Excellent written and verbal communication via async collaboration, documentation, and visibility of work
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems at global scale.
- Experience working with a remote, distributed team.
- Familiarity with SQL, Kusto Query Language, general database knowledge, Kubernetes, and/or cloud-native concepts
- Passionate about fostering effective Engineering practices and processes.
- Proficiency in Git and GitHub for version control and collaborative development and branching strategies.
- Experience with CI/CD Tools: Strong knowledge of CI/CD concepts and best practices. Experience with GitHub actions and workflows platform, familiar with other tools like Jenkins
- Contribute to open source software, engage with maintainers, and actively participate in community curation
USD $118,100.00 – USD $313,300.00 /Yr.