Transfer Evaluation AssistantFull time @Workday jobs posted 7 months ago
Transfer Evaluation Assistant
locations : Home Office time type : Full time job requisition id :-JR-015185
The salary range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
At WGU, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is:
Pay Range: $15.72 – $21.97
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our countryand you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that futureconsider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
- The Assistant will act as an individual contributor to provide support in the gathering of data from incoming student’s transcripts.
- The Assistant will have strong attention to detail and the ability to be both a team player and independent contributor.
- The work of the Assistant is of limited complexity, focused on verification of previously completed courses, degrees, and GPAs.
- The Assistant will stay up to date with the team’s indexing rules, procedures and team resources.
- The Assistant applies FERPA, university, department and team policies and procedures with maintaining student documentation.
- The Assistant works individually and collectively to meet individual, team, and department objectives to be accurate, fair, helpful, and timely.
- The Assistant works efficiently and reports work time accurately.
- The Assistant completes additional responsibilities under the direction of direct leadership or leadership support.
- The Assistant exercises independent judgment within assigned tasks.
- The Assistant is expected to collaborate with colleagues and/or leadership when clarification is needed.
- The Assistant will maintain satisfactory personal productivity metrics and QA results.
- The Assistant will engage in weekly coaching sessions with leadership.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Demonstrate ability to analyze information and come to appropriate conclusions, driven by policies and procedures
- Demonstrate professional written and verbal communication skills, proof-reading, and ability to assess resources
- Understand how to apply FERPA regulations to business processes
- Adaptable in a fast-paced environment with deadlines and work expectations
- Work with the team to provide solutions within their scope
- Have a working knowledge of computer systems and software to maintain and analyze information critical to the daily job function
- Brainware, OneNote and other Microsoft Suite programs
- Attention to detail
- Understand how the Assistant’s work is critical to each prospective student’s experience at WGU
- Develop insights from reporting on personal performance
Tasks are accomplished by following a defined standard or set of procedures to achieve day to day objectives with limited impact on the area.
The work performed is closely supervised and consists of tasks that are routine and well defined with specific instructions to achieve standardized solutions.
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
Problems and issues faced are routine and solutions are readily available. There is a well-established and familiar set of activities and/or processes that will derive a solution.
There is a responsibility for checking data and information for minor changes.
Communication and Influence:
Communication with contacts within the job area is typical, and information that is provided or obtained requires little explanation or interpretation.
No more than 1-2 years of related experience.
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.