Travel Counselor – Global ServicingFull time @Receptionist jobs near me posted 7 months ago
Virtual Travel Counselor – Global Servicing (Pay Incentives Included)
locations United States – Virtual Location
Canada – Virtual Location
time type Full time
job requisition id J-62245
Amex GBT is a place where colleagues find inspiration in travel as a force for good and – through their work – can make an impact on our industry. We’re here to help our colleagues achieve success and offer an inclusive and collaborative culture where your voice is valued.
Ready to explore a career path? Start your journey.
Create your journey at Amex GBT!
As a Global Servicing Travel Counselor, you’ll join our highly skilled remote team, providing outstanding service to our corporate business clients.
We’re most proud of our warm and inclusive culture, innovation in the travel tech space, internal promotions, and career advancement opportunities; most of our Traveler Care leadership started as a Travel Counselor, and you can find us in almost every other department at GBT!
We’re excited for you to experience our values (People, Passion, and Progress) in action, and look forward to your application.
What You’ll Do on a Typical Day
- Advise and arrange travel for corporate business customers (both individuals and groups) in the US, Canadian, UK and Australian Markets.
- Conduct analysis and research on travel options, and pro-actively anticipate traveler needs to sell additional services
- Arrange and book domestic and international business travel, in a variety of complexity, for air, road, rail, and accommodations
- Use of Sabre as the Global Distribution System (GDS)
- Ensure compliance to customers’ agreed travel policy, service provider policies, and regulatory requirements
- Use positive telephone service techniques and act on special customer requests
- Prevent fraudulent callers from trying to book trips afterhours by following our security protocols.
- Collaborate within your team to coach, mentor, and provide constructive feedback to improve service levels
We look forward to sharing more detailed job functions and key performance indicators during the interview process.
What Are We Looking For?
- A minimum of 2 years’ corporate travel experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ Native GDS Expertise in Sabre
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer service skills in a travel environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills including multi-tasking and prioritizing of workload whilst ensuring maximum quality
- Fares & Ticketing knowledge – including RTW and complex fares
- Knowledge of products including car service, hotels and rail
- Domestic & International destination/geographical knowledge
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of international travel notifications and guidelines as per government/client rulings
- Demonstrated understanding of the relevant customer base
- An ability to adapt communication style to the audience, communicate confidently, accuracy and has ability to lead the traveler (or travel booker) to desired outcomes
- An ability to adapt to change
- Work across teams and departments
Hours: Monday-Sunday with the flexibility to work between 7a-11:30p ET
With full-time and part-time hours available on nights and weekends. Build the work-life balance you need and earn shift differential pay.
United States – Virtual Location
The US national hourly wage range for this position is from $17.00 to $29.00 per hour. The national range provided includes the hourly rate that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual hourly wage rate will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location.
This role is eligible for an annual Performance Based Incentive, which rewards participants based on company performance. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document.
GBT 2023 Benefits-at-a-Glance
The #TeamGBT Experience
Work and life: Find your happy medium at Amex GBT.
- Flexible benefits are tailored to each country and start the day you do. These include health and welfare insurance plans, retirement programs, parental leave, adoption assistance, and more.
- Travel perks: get a choice of deals each week from major travel providers on everything from flights to hotels to cruises and car rentals.
- Develop the skills you want when the time is right for you, with global tuition assistance, access to over 20,000 courses on our learning platform, leadership courses, and new job openings available to internal candidates first.
- We strive to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our business at GBT. You can connect with colleagues through our global Inclusion Groups, centered around common identities or initiatives, to discuss challenges, obstacles, achievements, and drive company awareness and action.
- Wellbeing resources to support mental and emotional health for you and your immediate family.
- And much more!
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, gender identity (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship or marital status. It is our policy to maintain an equal-opportunity environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias for our candidates, colleagues, clients and suppliers.