Content Designer Remote JobFull time @Tarauli posted 1 month ago
United States (Remote)
The Ford Pro Digital team is looking for a high-impact and versatile Content Designer to join our team. The candidate must be collaborative by naturewilling to lead, execute, optimize and adjust both work product and processesbased on feedback and input from a number of stakeholders.
In this position
You’ll have to be passionate about content strategy and user experience and want to take advantage of working with highly collaborative and talented team members. You’ll have the opportunity to create and transform digital experiences for a commercial audience being offered the leading edge in automotive technology and supporting solutions. Balancing the business needs while always keeping our users and their goals in mind will be paramount. You will be responsible for guiding the content development across a website strategy inclusive of web-based software. You’ll work with several product teams across Ford and will be expected to take a leadership role working with multiple designers, marketers, and researchers.
This role is eligible for remote work within the US!
What you’ll do…
- Evangelize content best practices across a portfolio of projects informed by business needs and technical feasibility, and be a strong voice for content design, supported by a team of designers, marketers, and leaders.
- Guide, execute, and deliver content solutions that follow design practices, accomplish project requirements, and incorporate business goals, customer goals, roadmaps, and project timelines. Content solutions will include content strategy, copywriting, and, at times, image selection or guidance.
- Drive the delivery of content work, raising the bar for team-wide best practices and approaches.
- Engage in project planning and scoping to support business needs and opportunities, setting teams up for success.
- Balance user needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility to solve problems effectively, with a focus on delivering high quality experiences.
- Use and actively contribute to content systems that provide consistency in approach to standards, voice and tone, messaging, usability, accessibility, and localization. Apply integrity and advocacy of these across multiple workstreams.
- Work cross functionally with leaders and colleagues to define, and execute against, strategy and projects.
- Work with stakeholders to proactively identify problems & solutions.
- Support leadership team on communication and presentation needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the digital and software space.
- 3+ years of leading content design initiatives for highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams. Extensive experience working with brand and copy standards, including style, voice and tone.
- 1+ year of experience with leading and coaching team members (directly or indirectly) by demonstrating standard methodologies in content strategy and approaches, mentorship, and sharing your work and knowledge with others.
Even better, you may have…
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in Interaction Design, English, Rhetoric, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Technical Writing, or a related degree.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion in a remote and dynamic working environment.
- Strong knowledge of Information Architecture and/or User Experience is a plus.
- Demonstrable expertise in content design and developing hierarchies and architectures that support a multitude of requirements in all phases across a variety of projects.
- Experience delivering projects from definition thru execution and refinement.
- Proven ability to build consensus, influence, and work effectively within a cross-functional team of designers, marketers, researchers, product managers, and engineers. Experience with building relationships, credibility, and proactive communication with team members and leaders.
- Ability to communicate the value of product features and identify trade-offs to deliver useful digital products.
- Proven experience in combining quantitative and qualitative data to inform content decisions.
- Understanding of translation of business metrics to inform goals of content design and experience.
- Flexibility to work on initiatives with unclear and/or changing requirements. Strong project management, problem-solving, verbal/written communication, and context switching skills.
- Basic knowledge of design tools such as Figma or Miro, and/or other design and prototyping software.
- Passion for the automotive, transportation and fleet management industry.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we’ve outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builderor all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
Established and active employee resource groups
Paid time off for individual and team community service
A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.