Engineering ManagerFull time @lever jobs posted 4 months ago
Who We Are
30,000 products are launched every year, and 90% of them fail. Highlight is the first and only end-to-end agile product testing platform, enabling the efficient collection of scaled product performance data. Brands like Nestle, P&G, and Estee Lauder rely on Highlight for competitive benchmarking, pre-launch formulation testing, in-market product renovation, and more, to optimize product success. Highlight, launched in 2021, has seen runaway growth and scale, having tested hundreds of products at a fraction of the time and cost of traditional analog methods, and becoming the dominant SaaS platform in the product testing space. Highlight is a woman-owned, minority-owned startup on a mission to create better products for people and the planet. We’re a diverse and collaborative team committed to fostering an environment of innovation, impact, and growth.
Highlight is an agile in-home product insights platform focusing on consumer product goods innovation. We send curated discovery boxes to our engaged community in exchange for feedback via our research-optimized app. Our platform boasts 90% survey completion rates, can get products in tester’s hands in days, and seamlessly collects qualitative feedback at scale. Highlight is a women-owned, minority-owned startup growing to work with innovation and insights teams at companies like P&G, Mondelez, Nestle, Purell, Mars, and more. Highlight has brought together a community of brands and consumers united in a mission to create better products for all and democratize access to data for both emerging and enterprise brands.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our Project Logistics team. The Project Logistics team at Highlight is empowered to improve and innovate the processes that execute product testing on our platform. Reporting to the VP of Product and Engineering, you’ll lead the team through building new applications and features that allow our consumer product brands to test their products and ultimately improve how physical products are made.
- Lead, mentor, and grow your team’s software engineers to do the best work of their careers through 1:1s, in-the-moment coaching and goal setting
- Direct your team’s execution with a servant and transformational leadership style
- Partner with the team’s product manager and designer to work in the Empowered Product Team model
- Foster long-term thinking and creative problem solving within your team
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the Engineering team operates with high velocity, ownership, and accountability
- Grow your team and improve recruitment processes
- Represent the engineering team in cross-functional projects and to the company at large
- Build strong relationships with other leaders and stakeholders
- Remain current on technology and trends in engineeringHelp identify appropriate organizational improvements to support team effectiveness
- Participate in training and onboarding for new employees
- Freedom to experiment, iterate on, and improve the software development process
- You’ve experienced the challenge and reward of managing a team of engineers
- You’ve lived the software engineering life and have a good understanding of how to level up a team and allow for greater customer experiences
- You love to foster a culture of deep collaboration, open communication, respect, high expectations, and most importantly funYou work with a bias for action, experimentation, and problem solving
- Focused on team building and collaboration over individual performance
- Experience as an Engineering Manager or in a people leadership capacity
- You are excited about working on the first and only product of its kind in the market
Product Development Values
- We are deeply curious
- We are data driven
- We are customer obsessed
- We thrive on big ideas and experimentation
- We are intentional and thoughtful
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) with 100% premium covered
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible, remote WFH culture
- Access to Hearst Tower & its facilities in NYC (should you choose to be in person)
At Highlight, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to succeed. We are committed to building a team that comes from a wide range of backgrounds – including but not limited to – race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. If you’re someone who can think rigorously and isn’t afraid to challenge assumptions, join us.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At Highlight, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful. We are committed to building a team that comes from a wide range of backgrounds – including but not limited to – race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. If you’re someone who can think rigorously and isn’t afraid to challenge assumptions, join us.
We’ve built a world-class team with decades of experience in the space. We’ve encountered the problems we’re trying to solve first hand and care deeply about making better products. We’ve been fortunate to raise a seed round from First Round Capital as well as experienced angels and insiders to help us further our mission. We’re also a passionate, capable, and empathetic team who live by our Humans First value. We have fun, we care about one another, and we’re all in on tacos.