Senior DevOps EngineerFull time @Workable posted 1 month ago
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
At Iontra, our breakthrough battery charging solution is born from 10+ years of combined experience working with demanding energy storage applications, from the technical and commercial challenges of leading heavy-duty electric vehicle manufacturing to the complexity and extreme demands of space going and planetary exploration vehicles. Together our team has innovated to answer the needs of our customers for a plug and play solution that improves the performance of today’s lithium batteries. Our solution can be implemented quickly and inexpensively to improve customer experiences with any existing Lithium-ion battery-powered products. For more information on our latest news, visit:
Iontra is involved in the development of important battery improvement and enabling technologies. The Iontra Infrastructure team is responsible for managing the data pipeline from Iontra’s fleet of battery cyclers to the cloud, and building the foundation for future applications to be deployed into our cloud. This is a full-time, hands-on role in a startup environment. We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help architect and build upcoming products that will push Iontra forward.
You’ll love this job if you:
- Are driven to be part of a team doing big things to help our planet.
- Aspire to work with a successful veteran startup management team.
- Are a self-starter and always find ways to get your work done and help team members.
- Are an organized, detail-oriented person being very good at time management.
- Are determined and resilient to keep things moving forward at a startup pace.
- Are assertive and able to influence and partner with the team to get things done.
- Enjoy new challenges and change.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Take on the role as a senior engineer for the team, providing technical guidance and fostering a collaborative environment to solve complex problems.
- Assist in architecting and manage cloud-based solutions on AWS to support Iontra’s fleet of battery cyclers and applications deployed in the cloud.
- Work closely with the embedded software engineering and analytics team to capture requirements and propose new designs to improve speed and efficiency in Iontra’s internal software systems.
- Use automation to manage and update the configuration of Iontra on-site Linux systems.
- Build ETL pipelines to move data between data stores.
- Design cost-effective storage and compute solutions that fit Iontra’s needs.
- Build solutions with security in mind at every stage.
- Communicate problems early to team members and offer solutions.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of Agile methodologies and DevOps practices within the organization.
You’ll Need These Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in Software Engineering or DevOps.
- Demonstrated history of leading projects from inception to completion.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact effectively across teams and levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex systems.
- Prior experience working in an operations or start-up environment
- Strong experience with cloud platforms: AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP. Experience working with AWS IOT a plus.
- High degree of expertise in managing EKS clusters. Includes deep knowledge of K8s architecture and ability to write K8s manifests.
- Knowledge around understanding and deploying infrastructure using the GitOps pattern (ArgoCD, Flux).
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Ansible, Packer, etc).
- Deep understanding of CI/CD pipelines for build/test/deployment of software services.
- Experience with database design, knows how to architect and deploy highly available database architecture (DynamoDb, NoSQL, SQL).
- Basic understanding around architect data pipelines utilizing event driven architecture (Kinesis, SQS Kafka, Pulsar, etc).
- Programming skills in at least one OOP language.
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications using Docker.
- Linux server administration and management experience.
- Experience using Git version control.
- Ability to work in both a team environment and autonomously.
Benefits and Compensation:
Salary Range: $115k-$135k (salary is based on education, experience, skillset, and market value).
We offer the following benefits package:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan plus company match
- Company Shares Plan
Iontra has an equal employment opportunity (EEO) policy that provides that no applicant or staff member will be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race, color, age, religion, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.