Senior Software EngineerFull time @lever jobs posted 4 weeks ago
Title: Senior Software Engineer (US Remote Available)
Splunk is here to build a safer and more resilient digital world. The world’s leading enterprises use our unified security and observability platform to keep their digital systems secure and reliable. While customers love our technology, it’s our people that make Splunk stand out as an amazing career destination and why we’ve won so many awards as a best place to work. If you become a Splunker, we want your whole, authentic self, what we call your “million data points”. So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you.
The Developer Platform Infrastructure organization develops robust and resilient platform solutions for building, testing and deploying Splunk’s enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing system design, SaaS, cloud experience and drive the growth at Splunk.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around scalability, reliability and resiliency.
- Demonstrate service ownership and provide support to internal customers and stakeholders
- Design and build advanced CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines; help teams debug and build projects and workflows
- Develop tools and services that enable developers to quickly build and test software rapidly in a secure fashion
- Mentor early career engineers provide technical and cultural guidance
- Build a great customer experience for engineers using our Infrastructure.
- Provide self-service access for engineering teams to deploy, scale and access infrastructure.
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation in support of services owned by the team.
- CI/CD and tooling expertise. Cloud, container and virtualization experience. Innovating and scaling secure services on-prem and different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Kubernetes, Docker, Azure/AWS/GCP, Gitlab, Ansible.
- Data structures and algorithms. A solid grasp of data structures, algorithms, and RESTful APIs.
- Observability infrastructure expertise to ensure 24/7 operational excellence and data driven decision making.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have code in several languages, ranging from Go to Python.
- Desire to learn and adapt. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to be excited and have utmost ownership of your projects.
- BS/MS degree in EE or CS or a related technical field or 5 years of progressive experience.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.