Senior Software Engineer, BackendFull time @lever jobs posted 2 months ago
Title: Senior Software Engineer, Backend – Subscriptions and Entitlement
Location: United States
Type: Full Time Exempt
Dave is one of the leading US neobanks and a pioneer in financial services, using disruptive technology to provide best in class banking services to millions of members at a fraction of the cost compared to incumbents. The anchor of our banking value proposition, ExtraCash, provides up to $500 of short term, interest free advances to members within minutes of joining. The speed to value, access and pricing of ExtraCash compared to traditional overdraft sets us apart from incumbents and is a key to our strategy to efficiently acquire transacting Dave debit card members.
Dave is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Subscriptions and Entitlement team. Dave offers a variety of valuable features such as Up to $500 advances, 4% APY on our Spending and Goals accounts, as well as surveys to allow members to earn extra money. The Subscriptions team is building out the entitlement architecture to support tiered access at our customers choosing. If you’re excited to join a tight-knit collaborative team with a mission of helping others, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, and maintain the backend code to support tiered access to features used by our 15 million users
- Define roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Backend development in Typescript
- Delivers consistent high-quality code by shipping incrementally across multiple PRs.
- Eliminates potential for customer-impacting errors (outages) in the systems their squad owns by contributing to write better tests and by performing effective code reviews.
- Spots, eliminates performance concerns in new and existing code.
- Regularly participate code reviews to effectively deliver and address feedback
- Collaborates and brainstorms with product managers to better understand the use cases and user journey.
- Demonstrates empathy in communication and adjusts granularity of information to fit the audience.
- Clearly understands the trade-offs in solutions and roadmap prioritization. If needed, proactively seeks for clarity on the trade-offs and priorities.
- Suggest process improvements for better quality, velocity and team engagement.
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years of software development experience with a focus on backend development
- A graduate with a BS or MS from a computer science or similar program. Other majors will be considered in conjunction with appropriate related experience and/or training.
- Ability to collaborate well and come up with maintainable, reliable solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in the FinTech field.
- Knowledge of subscription, banking, payment system, and money movement.
- Backend kubernetes infrastructure operation in the GCP ecosystem.
Technologies we teach and use:
- React Native
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
Financial advisor and financial wellness support
Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave Operating LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history.
Salary: $138,000 – $222,000 a year
Dave has established a nationally applicable pay program that recognizes that regardless of where Daves choose to live, their time and effort is of equal value to the company. As such we utilize base salary ranges that are intended to be competitive in all markets and do not differentiate pay based on employee work location.