Senior Software Quality Engineer (USA Remote)Full time @lever jobs posted 1 month ago
At Gurobi Optimization, we’re on a mission!
A mission that focuses on mathematical optimization – it’s all that we do. We empower our customers to expand their use of mathematical optimization technology in order to make smarter decisions and solve some of the world’s toughest and most impactful business problems. We’re looking for passionate, dedicated, innovative game-changers to join our team and drive the future of Gurobi.
Think you have what it takes to be a Gurobian? Read on…
1. Do you enjoy solving complex problems?
2. Are you passionate about Optimization?
3. Do you like being part of a team and working collaboratively?
“If you have answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Gurobi.
As a Senior Software Quality Engineer at Gurobi Optimization, you will play a critical role in ensuring the excellence of the Gurobi Cloud Services and Platforms, which include the Gurobi Compute Server platform, Instant Cloud (cloud.gurobi.com), the Web License Service (license.gurobi.com), the User Portal (portal.gurobi.com), and the live optimization application demos (demos.gurobi.com). You will collaborate daily with a high-performing team, including frontend developers, backend developers, cloud engineers, and managers, to maintain and enhance the quality of our software solutions. You will be expected to uphold our core values at Gurobi internally and externally.
What will you be doing?
· Design, implement, and maintain automated test suites to streamline testing processes and accelerate release cycles while maintaining a high level of test coverage, especially with end-to-end tests.
· Design, document, and execute manual tests when necessary.
· Work closely with the developers to understand current features and stories, provide early feedback, and ensure alignment on quality goals, with a focus on user experience.
· Validate stories before closing them and verify staging and production deployments with attention to detail.
· Monitor, maintain, and enhance the CI/CD pipelines to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the quality assurance process.
· Manually verify packaged products before release.
· Identify, report, and track software defects using issue tracking systems, collaborate with developers to address issues, and verify their resolution.
· Contribute, review, and test documentation for technical correctness.
· Be an escalation contact for the support.
· Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, tools, and languages in the QA ecosystem.
What experience and qualifications should you have?
· 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance with a focus on test planning, execution, and automation.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
· Good knowledge of computer science, including software design.
· Fluent in English.
What skills, abilities, and behaviors should you have?
· Proficiency in diverse testing methodologies, tools, and techniques.
· Proficient with several test automation frameworks, including WebdriverIO, Selenium, Protractor, Mocha, Jasmine, Jest, unittest, and JUnit.
· Good understanding of React and REST APIs to implement frontend and backend tests
· Good understanding of CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Groovy scripting.
· Good understanding of container technology, specifically Docker.
· Knowledge of Cloud Computing is a plus
What other requirements should you have?
· Clear comprehension of agile methodologies, especially SCRUM.
· Familiarity with operation research (OR) tools is advantageous.
· Experience in writing or reviewing technical documentation/examples is advantageous.
Do you know Gurobi?
Gurobi is an innovative remote company full of smart, committed professionals who are passionate about helping people solve tough problems through optimization. We balance work and fun while continuing to build a successful company that experiences growth in a sustainable way with purpose. When you join Gurobi, your voice matters. We believe in the power of people and never stop improving our work culture.
We produce the most advanced and respected commercial solver software globally. Our Gurobi Optimizer is the engine used by over 2,500 clients in over 40 industries to turn data into smarter decisions. It allows our users to state their toughest business problems as mathematical models and then automatically considers billions – or even trillions – of possible solutions to find the best one!
Just to show you how versatile our solver is – one of our clients is the NFL. We maximize league revenue by solving one of the world’s most complex scheduling problems. Can you believe it had over 800 trillion possible solutions? We get so excited for these possibilities!
Our enterprise clients include Apple, Google, Microsoft, Siemens, and SAP – just to proudly name a few.
Did you know we have been remote since 2008? It’s true. The size of our team has tripled in 3 years just to keep up with our global support needs. While growth does require the business to evolve and change over time, we stay centered on our 5 core values: Customer Focus, Integrity, Dedication, Innovation, and The Power of the Team. That’s why Gurobians will be the first to tell you that when you join Gurobi – you join a company that you can help drive far into the future.
What we offer?
· GREAT COMPANY CULTURE!
· 100% work from home
· Comprehensive compensation benefits programs
· Generous time off and leave programs
· Fun virtual meetups and classes
· Real work/life balance
· Reimbursement for any new home office furniture
· Worldwide team and company offsite meetings – business travel reimbursed
· Continuous review of programs – based on continuous feedback from our people.
Our Core Values
We strive for continual improvement in our product and in our business. We develop cutting-edge technology, take measured risks, and use critical thinking to evaluate new ideas.
We are dedicated to helping our customers, partners, and academic community succeed with mathematical optimization.
We endeavor to be honest, trustworthy, and transparent in everything we do. We are fair, respectful, and inclusive of everyone.
We love the work we do and are proud of the impact we have.
The Power of the Team
We celebrate the fact that we are an international, multigenerational, and multicultural team that works together to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
We are committed to a healthy work environment at Gurobi. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse global community. We welcome different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Gurobi is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or membership in any other legally protected category.
What does working remote for a global company mean at Gurobi? We require you to be eligible to live and work in the location where the position is needed. You can see the location of this position at the top of the posting within the Region/Location/ Travel line. Region pertains to the area that the role primarily supports. Location pertains to where you would need to reside to be considered.