Social and Paid Media StrategistFull time @Workday jobs posted 1 month ago
Title: Social, Paid Media Specialist – Remote
Location: United States
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for creating, executing, and evaluating the organic and paid social media strategy for the Academies at National University, as well as operating a monthly budget. This position will collaborate with management to execute social media communication plans and content creation along with evaluation and reporting on content and strategy performance, including developing and implementing the strategy for paid social media campaigns. The Social Media Strategist partners with internal marketing and communication teams to continually develop a library of resources for social media and identifies new opportunities for engagement including surprise and delight campaigns. This position reports to the Strategic Marketing Manager, Social Media.
- Designs social media content for the Academies at National University to achieve marketing targets; manages, creates and publishes original, high-quality material on social media platforms; analyzes and reports on key performance indicators (KPI) for social media channels.
- Strategic alignment with the Accounts and Paid Media teams on organizational goals and brand strategy or campaigns.
- Creates paid social ads for the Academies at National University.
- Partner with paid media digital team on campaigns and attend required meetings.
- Copywrites social media posts and creates video content for calendars.
- Updates and reviews moderation templates responses to audiences.
- Manages a monthly budget up to 15k for the Academies at National University
- Administers all company social media accounts ensuring up-to-date content, including monitoring user engagement, and suggesting content optimization.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communication teams to create social buzz regarding new product launches.
- Keeps current with new digital technologies and social media practices.
- Supports moderation across the Academies at National University, which includes staying up to date on content and tool best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field, required; and, two (2) years relevant social media experience, preferred; working knowledge in managing clients, preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Paid social experience mandatory.
- Paid search experience preferred.
- Ability to participate as an active team member of the team and organization and work toward a common goal.
- Actively seeks opportunities to influence, build effective relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes. Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes.
- Working knowledge of social media channels: Facebook, X, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, TikTok, Threads etc.
- Ability to create and produce graphic materials using a range of media, methods and techniques and equipment.
- Working knowledge of mass media law, copyright laws and regulations as it applies to social media. Continuing education in the area of social media trends and developments as well as emerging channels.
- Possess both strategic and analytic skills, internal consulting interpersonal skills, communication, leadership skills with strong analytical and technical abilities. Ability to understand and communicate to all stakeholders concerning social media as a tool. Ability to determine newsworthy and pertinent content to share with social media communities.
- Advanced use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
Travel: Up to 10% Travel required
Candidate receiving offers will be offered a salary/pay rate commensurate with experience that vary based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. Absent exceptional circumstances, candidates will be offered a salary within this range for this position. The minimum salary will be offered based on the minimum exemption threshold based on state of residency. Base pay is one component of National University’s total rewards package, as we are dedicated to supporting the needs of the whole you with our holistic approach to employee benefits by offering comprehensive well-being benefits for you and your family.
Annual Salary: $59,656.00 – $68,570.00