Software DeveloperFull time @Tarauli posted 1 month ago
We are seeking a Software Developer to help design, develop and maintain applications for Modern Woodmen of America. This individual will participate in concept design through delivery and post launch support.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex applications.
- Actively participate in the development and review of business and system requirements to obtain a thorough understanding of business needs. Deliver accurate technology driven solutions.
- Develop software code in accordance with the Society’s established Software Development Life Cycle standards and development guidelines.
- Develop technical documentation that accurately and thoroughly depicts the software design and code base to assist Quality Assurance testing and production support activities.
- Perform unit testing to ensure all requirements have been addressed, all basic functionality works, and errors are handled properly.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems. Perform systems analysis and functional testing as needed.
- Coordinate operations between departments to assure smooth implementation of procedures and/or operations.
- Train user departments in the use of new or revised systems.
- Provide updates to the Software Development Supervisor and Project Managers on work in progress, work completed, work planned, and issues potentially impacting on-time completion or quality of work.
- Stay current on changes and improvements to system processes and programming techniques.
Skills and Work Experience needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 0-5+ years experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and practice good time management skills, both individually and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming, relational databases, intermediate application design, documentation, and analysis.
Additional information about this opportunity:
- Annual salary range for this position will be $53,000 to $90,000 based on experience.
- This is a hybrid position (3 days in office/2 days work from home (WFH) per week), located at Modern Woodmen’s home office in Rock Island, IL. Must be able to work in the office 5 days per week for initial job training. Some WFH days during training would be allowed on a case-by-case basis.
- This is a full-time position: 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day), Monday-Friday, with flexible start time between 7:00AM-9:00AM.
- Currently, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States.
- Full-time benefits include:
- Company-paid retirement plan
- Matching 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Prescription drug Insurance. We pay 100% of employee health insurance premium and 50% of employee dependents’ premiums.
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- 11 Paid holidays
- Voluntary benefits: Vision, Flexible Savings Accounts, Accident Insurance
Modern Woodmen is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to maintain a culture of respect and are committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees.