Software Engineer at Level ExFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 8 months ago
Title: Software Engineer
Location: Remote (within the U.S. only)
Work From Anywhere in the U.S. – Remote #LI-Remote
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, Halo, Call of Duty, Dragonvale, Star Wars, and many others. Our caliber of talent keeps us at the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture – Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re now looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. Reporting to our Lead Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work on client projects for new and existing games collaborating with teammates from Engineering, Game Design, Artists, Production, Medical, Product Management and other teams to help advance the practice of medicine through play.
What You’ll Do
- Implement, debug, and re ne gameplay through prototyping and iterative game development
- Work closely with other Engineers, Game Designers, Artists, Producers, Product Managers, Medical Staff, and others to identify technical risks and implement solutions
- Work closely with Engineers, Game Designers, Art, Production, Product Managers, QA, Medical Research, and Marketing teams to implement solutions, timelines, build reviews, technical risks, and testing
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code within our existing games
- Research and use different technologies, SDKs, game engines, and architectures
Who We Want To Meet
- Minimum of 3+ years of professional experience working in a game development studio or software development environment
- One or more commercially released games or mobile applications
- Solid experience working in Unity3D or Unreal Engine
- Fluency in C#
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Proficiency with algorithms, design patterns, and data structure design
- Experience across multiple aspects of game development such as character control, physics, game logic, asset loading, scoring, analytics, etc.
- Proficiency with source control tools, like Perforce
- Deep experience working in Unity3D or Unreal Engine
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Experience with continuous integration and Jenkins
- Experience working in Atlassian JIRA
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans, one with 100% company-paid premiums at all levels
- 401(k) with a generous company-paid match
- Family-friendly benefits; 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays, dental, vision, optional pet insurance, and more!
- In-person and remote-friendly events, i.e., board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours
Please send us your resume along with an optional cover letter detailing why you’re an excellent fit using the links below. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Equal Opportunity Statement (EEO)
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences, and we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender identity or expression, medical condition, genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Our commitment to inclusion across identity and experience drives us forward every day.
No Agency or Recruiter submissions will be accepted.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube
Please be aware of scammers impersonating Level Ex recruiters. All email correspondence regarding jobs with Level Ex will come from a level-ex.com email address. If being contacted by someone with a levelex.works or levelex.careers email address it is fraudulent – please do not respond.