Software Engineer IIFull time @Tarauli posted 2 months ago
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Software Engineer II, Ad XP
Come join our team!
CNN is hiring a Software Engineer II to join the Ad Experiences team. This is a great opportunity for an individual that is passionate about building digital products that balance revenue goals and a great user experience. This is team is highly data driven, and we have some interesting projects coming up that will involve this individual to contribute to the development of A|B tests for new products, automation and monitoring for Ads performance, and feature development for new Ads Experiences and integrations.
As a Software Engineer II, you will work on a cross-functional team that is focused on building products and capabilities to enhance the advertisement experience on CNN.com. Your team is compromised with Technical, Design and Product leads and a team of engineers that support each other through the planning, development, review, and deployment processes. You will play a crucial part on the team as you will be responsible for feature development, quality code, peer reviews, and operational support.
- Understand engineering best practices, design patterns and resiliency testing.
- Development experience building fully responsive designs that work across all screen resolutions and browsers.
- Unit testing experience with frameworks such as Jest, Jasmine, and Mocha.
As a member of the team you will:
- Be responsible for owning, implementing, developing, and maintaining complete high-priority features with thorough testing.
- Communicate effectively with engineering, product, and design team members to ensure product expectations are met for new features.
- Collaborate with team members in the planning and execution of new features and products.
- Thoroughly document your own contributions and, where necessary, the contributions of others.
- Be highly independent with contributions to the code-base – checking in where necessary for review and to ensure technical alignment.
Nice to haves:
- Enterprise experience working with Ad Product and 3rd party advertisement vendors.
- A|B testing and consumer testing platforms.
- Experience with AWS services or other Cloud Platforms.
- Familiarity with other programming languages, frameworks, platforms, API’s and/or SDKs.
- Knowledge of Operations, CI/CD, and DevOps.
- You are excited to learn and ready to take on new challenges.
- You are an excellent communicator with your team members and peers.
- You are passionate about improving the code you touch and interact with.
- You are excited to add positively to the culture of CNN, both from an interpersonal level and from a code improvement standpoint.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at [email protected].