Head of Human ResourcesFull time @jazzhr Jobs posted 8 months ago
Head of Human Resources
Smith.ai is looking for a talented HR leader to pioneer our People Operations team. This role will oversee all aspects of HR for a 100% remote team and will report to the COO. All applicants within the US are welcome with no geographical restrictions as long as you are within 3 hours of the PDT timezone.
Smith.ai is the leader in customer engagement with virtual receptionist services for live calls and website chat, as well as outbound calling offerings to help businesses drive more growth. We bring together the best North America-based agents with our proprietary AI technology to help SMBs run more productive, professional, and profitable operations.
Far more than an “answering service” or “call center”, we are revolutionizing the way small to medium-sized businesses respond to new and existing clients. We deliver more qualified leads, happier clients, improved marketing ROI, and far better work/life balance, all while reducing the time internal staff spends on routine tasks and chores like answering calls, scheduling appointments, and collecting payments.
Our clients say we’re their “secret to business growth and client happiness” and their “single best business decision.” Learn more about us at https://smith.ai, and read our client reviews on TrustPilot and Clutch.
What you will do:
- Lead our HR team in overseeing all aspects of full-time, hourly, and contingent workforce matters
- Develop, interpret and implement global HR policies, practices and programs while ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Design, implement and manage HR Technology, prioritizing data accuracy, integrations, and automation. By designing for scale, you will introduce and prioritize systems to automate, reduce, and eliminate processes that delight our teams
- Lead our benefit plan design and partner with our brokers and vendors to ensure cost efficiencies and competitiveness that will attract and retain top talent
- Respond with accuracy and timeliness to employee inquiries and issues related to compensation, benefits and leaves of absence
- Keep current with current and competitive HR practices, including employment law, benefits and related issues
- Initiate and supervise the implementation and advancement of human resources processes by identifying areas of opportunity where automation can occur to scale existing manual processes
- Partner with relevant cross-functional teams to draft and maintain various employment, contractor, vendor and third-party agreements
- Create quantitative and qualitative insights to shape and strengthen our talent priorities
Our ideal candidate:
- 7+ years of HR experience; ideally in a high-growth environment
- Comes with strong HR fundamentals, understanding of the functional side of the people space, such as compliance and employment law requirements, benefits, HR technology, and more
- Is experienced managing contingent and hourly staff
- Has strong project management skills with the capacity to self-manage progress against milestones with a high degree of accountability and urgency
- Believes in quality, consistency, and empathy as you drive your everyday work and projects, strengthening HR’s partnership with the organization’s leaders and employees
- Has experience and passion for building strong and effective cross-functional relationships with Legal, Finance, Payroll, and IT to ensure business processes are optimized
- Enjoys a fast pace of work and changing cadences; role modeling the ability and benefit of being flexible and adaptable
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe diversity makes teams better and that discrimination based on race, gender, or anything else is self-defeating.
This is a full-time position with a base salary that ranges between $150,000 – $185,000 per year. In addition to salary, you are eligible for equity and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and PTO.