Principal Developer – ITFull time @Careers United posted 8 months ago
United’s Digital Technology team designs, develops, and maintains massively scaling technology solutions brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics, and digital solutions.
Our Values: At United Airlines, we believe that inclusion propels innovation and is the foundation of all that we do. Our Shared Purpose: “Connecting people. Uniting the world.” drives us to be the best airline for our employees, customers, and everyone we serve, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. Our team spans the globe and is made up of diverse individuals all working together with cutting-edge technology to build the best airline in the history of aviation.
With multiple employee-run “Business Resource Group” communities and world-class benefits like health insurance, parental leave, and space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work that will make you feel welcome and accepted. Come join our team and help us make a positive impact on the world.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Principal developer is required to develop and support custom solutions powered by technology tools such as TIBCO and AWS to transform travel experience, service reliability, and customer capabilities working directly with channel partners to deliver goals and objectives while demonstrating in-depth technical expertise. The individual plays a critical role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. The individual will lead the design, development, and launch efficient systems and solutions supporting extremely critical operational and customer functions.
- Exceptional at coding and on-time delivery of quality components and or applications
- Demonstrate mastery of custom solutions development powered by technology tools such as TIBCO, and AWS native technologies such as EC2, EKS, Lambda, AmazonMQ, API Gateway, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, etc.
- Lead the design, development, and planning for solutions and technology standards to solve complex business and IT problems
- Hands-on development, support and troubleshooting software systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Engineering)
- 7+ years of Airline Operations and Customer systems development is a plus
- 7+ years of experience in Java and Springboot Framework
- 7+ years of experience in TIBCO technology stack including but not limited to Active Spaces, Business Events, Business Works, EMS, Streambase, Decision Manager and Decision Tables
- 7+ years of experience on relational, No-SQL database design and development
- Exceptional at coding and on time delivery of quality components and or applications
- Exceptional at component and unit testing of following standard practices and methodologies
- Exceptional utilizing the technologies and domain knowledge with the delivery of developed components or integrated components
- Exceptional at working problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires review of a variety of factors
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Master’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in AWS services and technology stack including but not limited to ECS, Lambda, AMQ, Kafka & Solace messaging layer, Java Springboot Framework, Camel, Document DB and Dynamo DB along with in-depth technical expertise and experience in all AWS dev-ops functions for all AWS services
- 10+ years or Airline experience
- Exceptional at triage or analysis of situations for production support
- Excel with on time delivery with minimal supervision
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Effective participant of requirements gathering, requirements analysis
- Demonstrate creativity & innovation
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT