Remote jobs for StudentsPart time @Tarauli posted 6 months ago
Student Assistant – Building Energy Benchmarking Support (Remote)
University Enterprises, Inc.
- $18 to $29 Hourly
The California Energy Commission (CEC) is seeking to hire two students to assist with the Efficiency Division which develops regulations, policies, and programs to help the state meet its clean energy goals. The division develops energy efficiency standards, provides standards outreach and education and administers standards compliance and technical assistance programs.
This is a part-time, temporary, non-benefited, student position. Employment in all positions with University Enterprises, Inc. is dependent upon the mutual consent of University Enterprises, Inc. and the employee. This means that either University Enterprises, Inc. or the employee can, at any time, terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause.
Depending on the type of position you are applying for, a pre-employment background check consisting of one or more of the following may be conducted: employment history, professional references, criminal check: educational verification (degree, license, or official transcript) or DMV clearance. Applicants will be required to pass required pre-employment checks to the satisfaction of University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) and the hiring Agency or Department.
UEI does not allow students to hold more than one UEI Job at a time, or work in more than one account per pay period. UEI employees who are considering leaving their current UEI Student assistant position for a different UEI student assistant positing should inform their supervisor in writing and provide at least a week’s notice.
UEI is not a multi-state employer. UEI only employs candidates who live and work in the state of California. If selected for the position you must reside in California and all work must be performed in the state of California.
Must be a college student attending classes during the regular term (Fall, Spring and Winter, if applicable), at one of the accredited colleges or universities on our affiliation list.
To view our current affiliation list please paste the following URL into your browser: http://www.calinterns.org/wp-content/uploads/Affiliation_List.pdf
Students must be enrolled in at least: six-semester units or nine quarter units for undergraduate students; four-semester units or six quarter units for graduate students.
Students declared major must match the major(s) listed in the job posting.
Majors/Fields of Study
Communication Studies, Economics, Environmental Studies, Geography, Natural Sciences, Political Science, Public Policy & Administration
Flexible workdays and work hours, Monday – Friday, between 8 AM – 5 PM. The final work schedule will be determined by the supervisor.
Additional Work Schedule
Student Assistant and Graduate Assistant employees generally work up to 24 hours per workweek (Sunday – Saturday) during the academic year and up to 40 hours per workweek during breaks; (winter, spring, and summer).
- Possess a cumulative 2.0 GPA or above.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and supervisors.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Individuals who are, or have been, a dependent child in foster care, a homeless youth or a formerly incarcerated youth as defined by Government Code section 18220 are encouraged to apply and will be given priority. Please note that prior to appointment, individuals claiming preference under one of these categories will be required to furnish documentation establishing their eligibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails from external stakeholders to assist with building energy and water reporting, compliance with reporting deadlines, and AB802 Regulations, which regulate the building benchmarking program in California.
- Help staff maintain the Energy Commission’s building and energy efficiency database by collecting data, managing data quality, analyzing trends, developing reports, and developing analytical workbooks.
- Prepare effective, concise, and responsive replies to benchmarking-related Inquiries, including data and compliance inquiries, in consultation with appropriate program and technical staff.
- Assist staff with regulatory efforts by performing internet research and analyzing different regulations (local, state, and federal).
- Assist with outreach & education efforts by helping prepare documents and webpage updates.
Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication; use of office equipment including computer workstations, telephones, calculators, copiers, printers, and scanners with or without reasonable accommodation.
Work is performed in a remote environment.
*Students will be required to work according to the current UEI remote workplace policy and sign a UEI telework agreement.
Please complete all fields of the employment application. Include your educational history in the “Educational Experience” section and any employment history in the “Employment Experience” section of our application.
Please upload the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Work Availability
- Transcript (official or unofficial) must show your name, major, school’s name, current and complete enrollment history, and GPA. Screenshots will not be accepted for review.
Apply by: 09/03/2023
University Enterprises, Inc.