Retention Marketing Manager at HopSkipDriveFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 6 months ago
Who we are
HopSkipDrive’s mission is to create opportunity for all through mobility. Our innovative, supplemental school transportation solutions are used by over 400 school districts, charter schools, nonprofits, government agencies, as well as busy families to safely and reliably get kids where they need to go.
Student transportation is the largest mass transit system in the U.S. The way kids get to and from school has a direct impact on our kids, families, schools and communities. While school districts spend $28 billion annually on transportation, only 30% of kids get to school on a bus. The current system can no longer meet all the transportation needs of our districts, schools and families — and its shortcomings are causing inequities in educational access that are affecting the welfare of millions of kids each day.
HopSkipDrive is taking a different approach to arranging safe, reliable school transportation that meets needs that aren’t being addressed by the current system, helping to fill gaps and supplement the student transportation options available. We create personalized transportation solutions for the one to the many, and everything in between.
We’re a company with heart
Our partnerships with school districts, child welfare agencies and nonprofits ensure equitable educational access for the most vulnerable populations, including youth in foster care, children experiencing homelessness and students with disabilities.
We understand that the difference between struggle and success can sometimes be as simple as the ability to show up, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology — coupled with operational expertise and new ways of thinking — to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
We’re an awesome place to work
Our company culture has been well-recognized — HopSkipDrive has been named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list, as well as Best Places to Work lists from Built In LA, Comparably, Inc., and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Comparably also named us a Best Company for Professional Development, as well as to its Best CEO and Best CEOs for Women lists.
We’re growing rapidly
Founded by three moms as a solution to their own transportation challenges, we now operate across over 20 major markets and more than a dozen states across the country. We continue to expand at a rapid pace, making the Inc. 5000 list four times, as well as the Deloitte 500 Fast-Growing Technology list. HopSkipDrive has raised $100M in funding to date.
The Retention Marketing Manager will be responsible for both growth + long-term retention strategies that increase CareDriver participation across all their entire journey with HopSkipDrive. The right person for the job will have experience and expertise in email, SMS and push marketing, with a strong focus in the areas of email operations, email strategy/planning, and email metrics and analytics. This role reports directly to the Director of Growth Marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Own and manage the Supply marketing calendar – drives strategy and planning with the aim of ensuring that email communications are aligned with key brand messages
- Develop and maintain audience segmentation and reporting
- Build and manage email campaigns, including setting strategy, testing, launching, and analyzing results
- Create emails for launches, announcements, blog updates, community building programs, and onboarding flows
- Plans and manages a rigorous A/B test calendar, tracking performance and sharing out results/recommendations to the wider teams (Supply Acquisition, Product, CareDriver Operations etc) to drive future email strategy
- Execute on multiple projects with high complexity and ambiguity and serve as the go-to project manager for all things related to the CareDriver lifecycle and experience
- Conceptualize, design and build retention incentives targeted at CareDrivers at various stages within their lifecycle. You will be the owner for all promotions and will manage accompanying messaging and also reporting on the efficacy of these initiatives.
What you’ll bring
- You love the full funnel of email (+ SMS and push) marketing – from technology, operations, and segmentation, to creative optimization, testing and reporting
- You are curious and cultivate a test-and-learn mindset
- You’re comfortable diving deep into data and to help drive marketing initiatives and uncover insights
- You move fast, while paying attention to detail
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator with impeccable cross-functional relationships skills
- You are an excellent project manager and can keep things moving
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and working toward aggressive timelines
- You feel connected to HopSkipDrive’s mission and desire to be part of a small but mighty team where you can see and feel the impact of your work, and be a strong voice for the CareDriver community
- 2 years experience automation tools like Iterable (preferable), Braze.io, SilverPop etc.
- 2 years of email marketing experience (SMS/Push experience is a plus)
- Can execute campaigns from end-to-end including setting up email campaigns in 3rd party tools, defining automation logic & building segments, basic HTML/CSS and result analysis
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, flexible vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential. HopSkipDrive is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is 80,000 to 100,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by several factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skill set and specific work location. The total compensation package for this role also includes equity stock options.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HopSkipDrive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected class. HopSkipDrive is also proud to operate as a drug-free workplace.