Product Manager at OppFiFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 7 months ago
Title: Product Manager
As a leading financial technology platform, OppFi powers banks to bring credit access to millions of everyday consumers who are locked out of mainstream financial options. We go beyond our mission – to help people rebuild financial health – and go further to ensure we keep the customer at the center of everything we do. We are creating a Customer-obsessed culture, with the capital C .
And it starts with our team here. We are a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals who thrive in being immersed in diverse talents, expertise, perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We welcome individuals who want to make a difference in the financial system through creating and building simple, transparent products that facilitate credit access, enable savings, and build wealth.
A few other fun facts about us. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for six straight years, a Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 , the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business, and was named on Built In’s 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
What you get to do:
OppFi is expanding our Product Management team within the Platform Value Unit. OppFi’s Platform Value Unit is an integral component of the company’s goal to improve the platform’s infrastructure and plays a key role in the organization’s data-driven transformation. As a Platform Value Unit Product Manager, you will be an integral part of a team deploying data infrastructure products at scale. You will partner with cross-functional teams including analytics, product, engineering, data governance, marketing, information security, and data operations to deliver high-quality data products that enable data driven decision making at scale. We value teamwork, collaboration, and information sharing as a team and as a company.
Specifically, you will report to the Platform Value Unit Group Product Manager and you will:
- Manage Platform Value Unit roadmap projects, collaborating with the data engineering and InfoSec teams to effectively operationalize and unlock the value of data.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify gaps in user’s data experiences to prioritize and execute on new and ongoing initiatives.
- Identify and develop solutions to make data analytics accessible, simple to use, scalable and operational.
- Continuously identify opportunities for automation, cost savings, self service models where possible.
- Monitor industry trends and technology advancements in data engineering and analytics to inform product roadmap and strategy in the areas of building data products where it makes sense.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, customers, and partners to ensure successful adoption and satisfaction with our data products
- Drive measurable ROI by defining proper KPIs, stakeholder alignment, technology evaluations etc.
- Drive several aspects of the data platform including reliability, observability, extensibility, usability, security compliance, and release discipline
- Oversee projects end-to-end, including finding the requirements, measuring the root-cause, communicating findings, and implementing solutions.
- Partner and manage the relationship with a part of the business, including ensuring correct requirement gathering, overseeing all the analyses, projects, and output, and ensuring clear expectations in deliverables.
What you will bring to the team:
- 2+ years of experience in product management, B2C analytics and FinTech experience preferred
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering, data analytics, or related fields
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience translating data analysis into action and explaining those to experts and non-experts.
- Ability to ingest large sets of data to create an analysis output that will help inform strategic tests related to pricing strategy, user experience optimization, or reduce customer churn
- A quantitative degree in a field like Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or Engineering preferred
- Ability to break large projects into smaller pieces and the ability to convert ideas into testable hypotheses and/or next steps
- AWS Data Analytics experience
- Expertise with multiple platform stacks and tooling (Snowflake, Airflow Orchestration, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing systems such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience using Product Analytics tools such as Heap or Fullstory and Data Visualization Tools such as Tableau or Periscope to diagnose web conversion rates and suggest improvements to drive key product metrics
- Demonstrated experience in working with cross functional teams across the company, gathering requirements, prioritizing initiatives, setting data platform KPIs
- Experience driving end to end ETL data pipelines, from ingestion of data to consumption by business intelligence, analytics and other data consumer teams
- Adaptability to a dynamic, fast-moving environment, with a growth mindset and openness to feedback
Reports to: Group Product Manager
Job Level: Lead
The minimum salary for this role is $94,000. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.
Total Rewards and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash, and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].