Senior Network Operations EngineerFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 8 months ago
Senior Network Operations Engineer
Senior Network Operations Engineer
Who We Are
Vultr is on a mission to make high-performance cloud computing easy to use, affordable, and locally accessible for businesses and developers around the world. As the world’s largest privately-held cloud computing platform, Vultr serves more developers than any other independent cloud provider. With over 1.5 million customers across 185 countries, Vultr offers flexible, scalable, and global solutions. Founded by David Aninowsky, Vultr has become one of the largest cloud computing platforms in the world without ever raising equity financing.
Simply put, Vultr is committed to providing businesses worldwide with the best price-to-performance of any cloud computing platform. Our global reach of data centers and strategic new partnerships provide the foundation to maximize the impact of our existing services, new product improvements, and releases, which in turn, is a catalyst for your own success. Vultr is taking flight, and this is your opportunity to leave your mark on the future of Cloud Infrastructure!
- A remote and flexible working environment
- Medical 100% paid for employee coverage
- Dental / Vision 100% paid for employee and dependents
- 401(k) plan that matches 100% up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Continuing Education Reimbursement of $1,000 each year!
- PTO Bank Plan + Rollover + 6 holidays + 3 Floating Holidays of your choosing!
- $500 first year remote office setup + $100 quarterly each year after
- Monthly internet reimbursement up to $75
- Anniversary Bonus each year
- Calm app subscription – our newest employee mental health benefit!
The Network Engineering team is a central pillar of our growth strategy, and we are looking for a Senior Network Operations Engineer to support the health and stability of an ever growing network infrastructure. The ideal candidate is inquisitive, demonstrates critical thinking, and is excited to embrace new technologies.
You’ll support all underlay and overlay networking within the Constant global network infrastructure. This is your opportunity to join this important team and leave your mark on Constant and the future of Cloud Infrastructure.
What to expect:
- Work directly with customers through tickets to onboard BYO-BGP customers, troubleshoot performance issues related to availability, reachability, latency, and jitter as well as cloud native VPC networks.
- Research network events to identify potentially contributing technical debt, architecture issues, or process problems and take ownership of driving end to end improvements across the platforms.
- Compose, review and test procedure documentation which provides for scheduled maintenance that eliminates customer impact and improves the overall customer experience.
- Work with internal teams to ensure that network issues including automation are resolved quickly.
- Troubleshoot issues to identify issues at any layer of the OSI Model.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with network operations troubleshooting, planning and deployment of network changes.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with BGP based networks, including comprehensive experience with Internet scale routing tables, IRR’s, RIR’s, RPKI, routing policies, peering policies and architectures.
- Experience with technologies and protocols such as VxLAN, EVPN.
- Advanced level Linux administration experience (Debian), including experience with Linux Kernel routes, iptables, nftables, ebtables, ipset, and network routing suites such as FRR and Bird.
- Experience with networking in the cloud including VPC’s, NFV, Direct Connect, and IPsec.
- Experience documenting troubleshooting processes for repetitive tasks.
- Proactive approach to detecting network issues before they become a larger problem.
- Experience with building scripts/tools to automate repeatable network changes and to gather network health data.
- Experience opening and following up tickets with vendors and transit providers.
- Scripting in Python and knowledge of Ansible playbooks is required.
- Hands-on experience with multiple network vendors and operating systems such as Juniper, Cisco, Brocade, Cumulus, and SONiC.
- Certifications such as CCNA, JNCIA are highly preferred.
- Flexible schedule to meet scheduled Maintenance requirements, which may include weekends and holidays.
- Constant is hiring for a highly skilled candidate to meet our 24x7x365 operational requirements.
$115K – $135K
This salary can vary based on location, years of experience, background and skill set.
Vultr is committed to an inclusive workforce where diversity is celebrated and supported. All employment decisions at Vultr are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
Constant regards the lawful and correct use of personal information as important to the accomplishment of our objectives, to the success of our operations and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. As such the use of various key privacy controls enables Constant’s treatment of personal information to meet current regulatory guidelines and laws.
Workforce members have the right under US state law where and when applicable and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to: fair and equal treatment, knowing what personal data we gather and retain, for what purpose, and the ability to access and/or delete such data. You also have the right to opt out of communications from Constant and approved third- parties at any time.
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Specialist