Senior Project Manager at Able Co.Full time @Greenhouse jobs posted 7 months ago
Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: United States, Remote
Able is a product strategy and development studio. Our Vision is to build products that create a more inclusive and prosperous future for our people and partners (clients). Our teams consist of exceptional Product Designers, Software Engineers, and Product Strategists.
Able is seeking a full-time permanent Senior Project Manager to join our growing team. As a Senior Project Manager, you are partner obsessed and passionate about bringing disciplines together. You are an active listener, who will collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute an effective project process. For each project and program, you will work closely with our partners, learn about their business priorities and user needs, work with them to define the problems and collaborate with our engineering and product team to define and build impactful solutions.
Reporting to the Program Manager, you will bring your advanced knowledge of agile and lean practices sharing your passion to keep up with evolving practices as a way to constantly improve delivery. You will be able to anticipate and address risks, blockers, and other potential roadblocks in advance, delivering partner excellence.
We are looking for someone who likes:
- Working in a fast-paced environment and can handle multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Creating collaborative partnerships. You align Able’s needs with partner needs and maintain the relationship to provide an excellent level of service to our partners, from staff-level engineers and project managers to business and technology executives
- Precision Planning. Create comprehensive project plans that outline every detail, from tasks and timelines to resource allocation. Your meticulous planning will be the backbone of our project success.
- Helping launch and scale our partners’ digital products. Learning new skills and constantly looking for ways of optimizing your own performance.
- Working closely with engineers, product teams, and partners to shape and ship effective solutions managing schedule, team resources, scope, risk, and cost across project life cycles.
- Discovering opportunities to improve the workflow of daily tasks and led efforts to drive improvements in team efficiency
- Using data-driven insights. Have strong data analysis skills and know-how to appropriately evaluate metrics for informed decision-making.
- Coaching and providing help to other team members to ensure everyone’s unblocked to perform their responsibilities.
- Solving problems. Each step in planning and executing a project usually requires some problem-solving. Outstanding Project Managers are creative thinkers with excellent problem-solving abilities.
What we do
As a Senior Project Manager, some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Engage with partners to understand/develop/articulate business requirements.
- Develop and own all documentation capturing business and functional requirements.
- Develop business and functional product knowledge and expertise to complement product engineering and design.
- Influence and steer decisions related to Product Strategy/Design based on market and customer requirements.
- Assist with product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle.
- Manage the requirements backlog.
- Evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development best practices
- Build strong and aligned program teams to efficiently deliver on shared goals.
- Collaborate with Engineering and business owners to define program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope, including the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams we are partnering with.
- Manage cross-functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
- Develop and own communication plans to effectively and proactively communicate program status, issues, and risks to stakeholders.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive technical analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases.
- Define and track key metrics and key quality and performance indicators and drive cross-functional execution of program deliverables.
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical infrastructure problems with engineering leaders and stakeholders.
- Influence product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions including reducing manual efforts through automation.
What we’re looking for
We want to work with people who have a passion for collaborating with their teams to develop and manage project plans. Someone who feels comfortable managing multiple time-sensitive partner projects throughout all phases of the development life cycle.
Ideally, they would have:
- At least 5-7 years as a project manager at a digital agency or growth-stage technology company
- Experience overseeing multiple projects on a larger scale within a particular account
- Experience setting and maintaining standards for project management across work groups
- Experience in software project management involving embedded, real-time software for consumer electronic products
- Experience collaborating with software engineers or equivalent working with digital products
- Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to manage complex client relationships, manage expectations and navigate the client landscape
- The ability to translate complex business problems by collaborating with technical teams to build project plans and product specifications through collaboration and project management tools
- Legal entitlement to work in the U.S
This position is 100% remote within the United States
Minimal travel may be required within the United States
The salary range for this position is $130,000 to $150,000 USD.
Salary offered will take into consideration the actual salary ranges for current employees, the candidate’s depth of experience and qualifications, the level of specialization the role requires, budgetary considerations, the market demand for the role and the local market conditions that exist where the employee will be based.
- Put People First: We’re caring, open, and encouraging. We respect the richness that we each bring into our work.
- Imagine Better: We are optimistic in our outlook, as well as creative and proactive to deliver the highest quality.
- Expect Excellence: We commit to each other to always strive to be our best.
- Simplify to Solve: We create better outcomes by reducing complexity.
- We are all Builders: We are motivated and empowered to help build Able, and our partner’s businesses.
- One Able. Many Voices: Our unity is our strength. Our diversity is our energy.
Able was founded in 2013 on the premise that entrepreneurs and philanthropists needed a better service model for building technology.
Today we’re 80+ exceptionally talented builders throughout North and Latin America. We’ve developed our own products, and we’ve launched, innovated and scaled projects for our partners.
We believe talent and teams come first. Our environment allows us to work on diverse, high-impact products and technology in a truly people-oriented culture. We value outcomes over effort, and strive to get better every day.
Our unique model allows us to field a focused, dedicated team of designers, engineers, and all-around company builders. Each team is outcome-oriented, designed to seamlessly integrate with our partners, and ready to adapt as their business evolves.
Let’s build together.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.