Staff Accountant at BloomerangFull time @Greenhouse jobs posted 2 months ago
Title: Staff Accountant
Location: Remote, US
Bloomerang combines the best tools, resources, and people to provide a world-class experience for tens of thousands of nonprofits, allowing them to raise more money and do more good in the world. Our powerful software and stellar customer service have made us one of the highest rated fundraising/donor CRMs on the market.
In addition to creating thriving nonprofits, we’re also in the business of creating thriving employees. At Bloomerang, you’ll be a part of a mission-driven culture built on the core values of Empathy, Unity, and Transparency. We know the key to our success is our people, and we’re proud to be home to some of the most innovative and skilled employees in the workforce today.
As an accountant, crunching the numbers can become monotonous and boring. That’s not the case here! Reporting to a Senior Accountant, the Staff Accountant will take a hands-on approach to addressing the financial reporting needs of the organization, all while having fun and making a meaningful impact.
What You Will Do
- Prepare journal entries, schedules, and analysis in accordance with GAAP for month-end close.
- Assist external tax accountants by gathering documentation and support in preparation of Federal and State tax returns.
- Work with external auditors providing supporting documentation and deliverables for annual audit.
- File state sales tax returns and 1099s as needed
- Research and stay current on tax laws
- Accounts payable processing
- Coordinate with Billing department on collections issues
- Coordinate with Payroll department to review and book payroll
- Integration of potential acquisitions into current systems and processes
- Assist in establishing and documenting policies and procedures for the finance department.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze financial information for accuracy and explain significant fluctuations and trending.
What You Need to Succeed
- At least 1-2 years of Accounting experience in a corporate setting
- Sound understanding of GAAP principles
- Able to think critically and take on new tasks with a high level of difficulty
- Able to follow directions, work with minimal supervision and interact with all departments and levels of management
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Suite; QuickBooks knowledge preferred
- Applied experience in creating Pivot Tables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong math, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
Health and Wellness
You’ll have access to generous health, vision, and dental insurance options, as well as a free subscription to Bright, a wellness platform that offers live and on-demand fitness, meditation, mindfulness, and nutrition classes.
You’ll get a competitive PTO package that includes 20 PTO days, 3 flex days, 4 optional volunteer Days, 12 paid holidays, as well as paid parental leave.
You’ll receive a 401k match to help invest in your future.
Everything you need to be successful, shipped right to your door.
The salary range for this position is: $59,000 – $80,000. You may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus. Actual compensation within the range will be dependent on your skills, experience, qualifications, and location, as well as applicable employment laws.
This is a permanent, full-time, fully remote position. Employees living in Indianapolis, IN are welcome to work from our company headquarters. We do not offer Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance at this time.
Applicants who require accommodations may contact [email protected] to request an accommodation in completing an application.
Bloomerang is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Bloomerang are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.