Staff Project Manager at PunchhFull time @Tarauli posted 7 months ago
Title: Staff Project Manager
Location: Remote United States
Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
The Staff Project Manager is responsible for leading, overall planning, and directing PAR enterprise restaurant technology deployment projects. They become a leader of both internal and external project teams who specialize in restaurant technology implementations. These projects will include customer specific customized enterprise software and hardware solutions sold and architected by PAR. The Staff Project Manager will provide ongoing project updates to customers and PAR executives, regularly communicate with customers, PAR peers, and 3rd party partners to keep projects on track. This role will be expected to work cross functionally across the PAR organization to achieve strategic goals and business objectives. All management tasks related to the projects are within the scope of this role.
Deployment projects include installation activity that occurs overnight and on weekends where issues and escalations may arise that need to be managed by this role from time to time.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage enterprise deployment projects with full accountability
- A skilled negotiator who establishes and maintains cross functional project leadership with customers, vendors and third-party consultants in order to complete projects on time and on budget
- Identify and manage issues, risks, project dependencies, milestones and critical path in an effort to achieve projected outcomes
- Define, verify and control scope and negotiate scope changes with customers and 3rd parties
- Mentor, motivate and lead project team members including junior project managers
- Manage exceptions and escalation of issues that impact our deployment projects
- Attend and host meetings with PAR peers, our customers, 3rd party vendors
- Provide real time and scheduled project updates via reporting, meetings and dashboards
- Be aware of and prepared to communicate about the status of projects at all times
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge of project management methodology and processes
- 7+ years previous experience in the restaurant management or restaurant technology industry
- 7+ years directly within the enterprise customer space
- 4+ years of experience managing people
- Excellent knowledge of and aptitude for technology solutions
- Natural ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to resolve project resource challenges
- Exceptional ability to prioritize based on highest value to our customers and PAR, aligning with business objectives and strategy
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- The flexibility to adjust to quickly evolving business needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Smart Sheet’s, Slack and Jira is preferred
Communicates and provides accurate and timely reporting at multiple levels within PAR and customer organizations, including senior executive level
Stays engaged with stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time
Must have flexible schedule to accommodate various time zones
Some travel may be required
This is a fully-remote role, based in the U.S.
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please visit the US Department of Labor’s website.